Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Still Alive and Kicking

I have been pretty much holed up in the basement doing artsy-craftsy stuff these past few weeks - ever since the winter had decided to arrived for real. So far I've made tons of beaded Christmas ornaments (I had more than enough to begin with but it's FUN), a baby quilt & a sqooshy toy for a girl at work, and a rag doll for Lea Anna's upcoming birthday. The doll actually came out okay even with my limited sewing skills. At some point though, I have to stop playing and come up for air so my family doesn't forget I exist. Besides, there is no coffee pot or bathroom.

I did let the kids drag me out for a good hike to hunt for arrowheads Monday. We didn't find any, but Daniel and Lea Anna had ball throwing rocks and what-not to crack the frozen creek. I really don't need to buy either of them toys - just rocks and sticks. If it gets above freezing this weekend I'll let them drag me out again. I wish you all could see it - it is absolutely beautiful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Hmmm...ya can't quickly or easily install a bathroom in your basement but I'm surprised you haven't plugged in a second coffee pot down there yet ; )

Mon Feb 04, 10:48:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

I could get another coffee pot for downstairs, and there are plenty of trees in the backyard. Just watch out for poison ivy!

Wed Feb 06, 05:04:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home