Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, July 18, 2005

Mr. Mom & Other Stuff

Gary is now playing Mr. Mom. Since we were paying excess of $860 a month, and with him being off work for various medical reasons it just made sense. I love being able to just roll out of bed, get dressed and go. They never tell you about chasing a naked toddler around the house at 5:30 in the morning in the baby books. Too bad he's only looking at this as a temporary solution. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
My Hawaii trip is business trip is not going to happen. I will be going to Arkansas in August instead. Grrrrr! I have nothing against Arkansas, but there is just no comparison to Hawaii. No palm trees, no beach, no ocean.
On a lighter note, Cat stock had a 2 for 1 split last week. Woo Hoo! I may not have to eat Skippy dog food after all when I retire.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

God I was so glad to leave the days of daycare expenses behind. $860 is insane but probably less than it would be in L.A. Give Gary a pat on the back if he hasn't once thought about barricading the kids in their rooms so he can park it on the couch in front of the TV!

Fri Jul 29, 01:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I do give him a pat on the back everyday for not locking the kids up in the basement. He hasn't knocked them out with my last two beers either. I know the temptation is there. Besides, Baby is wild. Gary said she would probably be a mean drunk.

Sun Jul 31, 10:04:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Steve has gone through periods where he's missed waaayyy too much work. He's not responsible and/or doesn't take care of himself, and usually winds up feeling mentally horrible as well, so it sucks all around. I guess I'm not very understanding because as a woman and especially a single parent I had to suck it up and go to work no matter what because my paycheck was all we had. It was hard to be sympathetic when the guy's even younger than me but he's acting like an old man. Life is too short to feel bad if there is anything you can do to avoid it or get over it, IMO.

Wed Aug 03, 03:10:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home