Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Life Here In the Fast Lane

Gary and I aren’t up to anything new lately. We are still concentrating on our house hunt. I was told that buying your first home is one of the most stressful times in your life. I think much of my house stress comes from the realtor who for some reason known only to her keeps sending me listings in the ‘hood. No way, not with kids. I wouldn’t put a dog in Jere Baxter Middle or Stratford High. They’re about to be taken over by the state for consistently being a failing school, and the surrounding schools are not much better - not to mention the crime rate is significantly high.

Week two of Daniel’s summer vacation has passed and so far I have kept him from breaking any bones or spilling any remarkable amounts of blood. He did get a tick bite the other day and luckily only a minor rash from poison ivy. I consider it pay back since He is specifically forbidden from playing in the wooded area next door, but I have to force myself to calm down and not look at his tick bite or check his temperature every two seconds for signs of infection. No wonder I have all this gray hair! Lea Anna loves having him home all the time. Typical of siblings they spend half the time hanging out like two peas in a pod and the other half fighting like cats and dogs. I taught Lea Anna a few of the clapping songs I remembered from back in the day. She loves these! Her favorites are "Miss Suzy" and "My Mother Your Mother".

There is a lot to that often repeated advice to “never shop on an empty stomach”. All because I
did not want to stop at McDonalds first - after all I’m on my way to buy food anyway and who knows what is really in those sausage McMuffins so this makes sense, right? Well anyway, I strolled on through the grocery store and hit the deli first (mistake number two) and suddenly it hit me. I was starving, everything looked good, and I just had to have it. Grand total - $ 139 buckaroos for mozzarella, sesame sticks, marinated artichoke hearts, baked wheat crackers, a boatload of TV dinners and God knows what else yet I still do not have enough meals to get me through the week. But I did get a Hershey bar, not that it made it past the parking lot.

Here’s some interesting info on the latest TN law about to be passed - they are making it a felony for anyone to “have their way” with animals. Not that I blame them ‘cause that is just plain G-R-O-S-S! But oh, just wait ‘till the rest of the press gets a hold of this. We were the butt of many TV and radio show jokes several years back when the legislature made it legal for Tennesseans to eat road kill. I think this all ties into the mystery of what’s in those McMuffins!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Re: the house hunt - maybe you need a new realtor. My first house hunt was before there was really much on the Internet. While my realtor didn't exactly show me homes that were in the hood, most of the ones she wanted me to look at were at the absolute top of my price range and they needed a ton of repairs. Second time around I did a lot of the legwork myself - the Internet is wonderful.

Re: Tennessee law - I have absolutely no comment. Well, okay - one: blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 10, 05:00:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home