Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's starting to suck here

I mean it's starting to suck not just because our place is small - but these apartments are filling up with riff-raff fast. The creepy old man stares at everyone and follows the women around trying to corner them still lives upstairs. Our newest neighbors get drunk every evening and get into LOUD drawn out fights in the middle of the night about once a week. It is funny to see them freak out every time a cop drives by though. Early (like around 3am)Wednesday morning some stranger banged on our door asking for Billy. Heck if we know who Billy is. Gary chased him off, and a little while later caught him peeking in our window. He started to run out after him, but remembered he was in his underwear and it was too dark to see if anyone else was hanging around the corner. It's just as well He didn't 'cause even if the guy deserved to get the stuffing beat out of him, the way things go nowadays Gary would probably be the one to be arrested assault charges. Too bad the cops didn't find him. I'll be glad to get out of here, but man I feel sorry for the few decent people that are still here. And in spite of how much the place sucks the slumlords have the nerve schedule the second inspection this year. Maintenance issues my ***. They never fix anything and during the last one they didn't find the leak or the mold in our washer hook up. I found it two days later. I like the title of one guys posting on an apartment rating website "Lodge North - Keep Looking North". Yep, that about sums it up.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I hear ya! I live on the third floor, and one of our sets of stairs collapsed while a guy was walking down. Now I can't take the stairs without thinking I'm next.

Thu Jul 19, 05:37:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lord, I feel for the guy. I hope he didn't get hurt too bad. I don't blame you for being nervous about the steps.

Thu Jul 19, 10:54:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Get a stun gun!!!

That way you can shoot the and NOT go down for murder.

Fri Jul 20, 08:29:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

...shoot *the creepy guys



(Oops!)

Fri Jul 20, 08:29:00 AM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Lisa, I'll trade you apartments- we have guns for the scary guys, you'd just have to deal with the bad b-words in my leasing office.

Fri Jul 20, 02:58:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't have a gun, but I have a cast iron skillet and I'm not afraid to use it!

Mandy, I'd check the rental laws in your area but the landlord is responsible for maintenance of rental property in ALL states. Any that I've lived in, if they do not make repairs in a timely manner you can legally withhold rent until the repairs are made (this is a last resort 'cause even if you have the right it still can cause problems and if it comes to court you still will be responsible for a portion of the rent, not to mention with you both looking to buy a house it don't look good to have a judgement against you), break the lease, or make the repairs on your own and take it off the rent. Just remember to CYA - document everything you/they say, send certified letters, etc.

Fri Jul 20, 04:32:00 PM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Due to the mold problem in this building, we should be able to break our lease when the time comes with no problem. I have been sick for over a month, and the only time I feel better is when I'm not here.

Fri Jul 20, 04:40:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

Take pictures of the stairs and mold if you haven't already.

Oh, and don't jump up and down on the stairs. Ha ha.

Sat Jul 21, 05:52:00 AM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

You can't see the mold as much as you can smell it. Some mornings, I will wake up and it's horrible. I hate to think what it's doing to my poor doggies.

Sat Jul 21, 07:48:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home