Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, August 05, 2005

Does anyone remember this?

Sana que sana
colita de rana
si no sanas
hoy sanarás mañana
(Loosley translated as: Heal, healfrogs tail if doesn't heal today tomorrow it will)

Does anyone remember the poem Libby used to say to us (staccia borracia?) when she rocked us? I tried getting the words and a translation on the 'net, but since I don't know any Italian - particularly the spelling, I didn't come up with anything.I still say it to Daniel and Lea Anna. They both practically pull my arms out of my sockets when I rock them, but their smiles are worth it. Just think about Libby, how she was so tiny and she had two house holds of little rug rats tugging at her arms all the time. The woman had the patience and the beauty of a saint.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Oh my God, yes - I do remember that. Was that something Susanna taught Mom? It's Spanish.

Staccia Buraccia (or however it is spelled) - I definitely remember and I remember what most of it means. Yeah, if you don't know Italian spelling it's hard to Google. Mary Lou would probably know.

Mon Aug 08, 06:49:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home