Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Turkey Day

David is coming home for Thanksgiving after all. Yay!

After piddling around until the last minute he realized his options for air travel were limited and expensive, so he called to tell me he wouldn't be home after all. This was the same day that Amanda ran short of time and cancelled our lunch date so I was feeling pretty unloved (this is what y'all have to look forward to when your kids are grown!).

My friend Angela, also known as David's Other Mother, called him several days after I'd talked to him about his Thanksgiving plans. Oh - I forgot to mention that since he couldn't come home he was going to drive with a buddy to El Paso and maybe then to Juarez to party. Grrrr. But anyway, I suspect Angela let him know how disappointed I was. Like, just in case he couldn't tell when I told him how much it sucked.

So a little while after that he goes out and buys a used - but good - little truck and calls me to tell me he's driving here from Ft. Hood for Thanksgiving. How cool is that?

So what're y'all doing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yay, David's coming! I know you are going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Besides, off duty army personel running loose in TX is rarely a good thing.
We are having the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at our house. My fat cells are clapping already. Gary's BIG nephews are coming to visit and boy can they eat! I may hate getting behind large people in the buffet line because they take all the bacon, but I love them at my dinner table because they show a unique appreciation for my cooking. My other nephew in law, who lives around the corner from us always eats with his wife's family but I know He'll be over at our house later for a second meal. The man does not have an ounce of fat on him either. I envy his metabolism. I have a plan for my sister in law to keep her out of the kitchen (she wants to put RAISINS in my sweet potatoes), I'm going to stick her in the corner with a beer and have the kids swarm all over her. It worked last year. I wish you all could be here.

Wed Nov 16, 04:02:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Jonna said...

Everyone is sick here,including mom so i don't know what we are going to do.Or who will catch what next. It looks like i might have to do the thanksgiving shopping. I don't mind, It just sucks for Mom because I know how much she likes to shop. We are going to have a traditional thanksgiving and probably my sister-in-law will come.

Wed Nov 16, 04:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh, I'm sorry you are all feeling yucky. What is it? Flu?

Wed Nov 16, 07:56:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Thanksgiving is an evil holiday...

I miss Billy and Chris...they're entertaining!

Fri Nov 18, 11:58:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home