Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Chattanooga Rendezvous Details

Y'all ready for Chattanooga? I'll be updating this post if there are any new/changed details, so check here for the latest.

First off is the weather. This being the South it could change every five minutes but right now they're saying a slight chance of rain in the morning and sunny and high 80's after that. So bring your sunscreen. And bring your towel because you're going to be squeezing the little kiddies outta those fountains to cool off yourself.

Check Accuweather's Forecast for Chattanooga

Next, the meeting time: noon (ET, Lisa!) has worked well, so let's stick to that. Whoever gets there first should stake out a spot under a shady tree, then call one of the others and let 'em know where you are. If you feel like it's safe to leave your gear then you can head toward the fountains and wait on the stragglers : )

Most importantly, The Grub: I'm thinking we can organize a picnic pretty easily if the rest of you guys are interested. What I had in mind was each carload bringing some kind of sandwich/wrap/hearty salad/main meal - one for each person in your group but cut 'em in half. That way we can all can share the tasty eats everyone made (or had the Publix deli lady make if you're desperate). If each group will then also bring an accompaniment (fruit, veggies, chips, cookies) we should be all set. I can bring a big cooler full of ice water and some cups. And Janet and Amanda, who are riding with me and Suzanne, can just bring whatever drinks they think would be good for everyone and Suzanne and I can throw an extra sandwich into our coolers.

Sound good? If you're in, post here and also say what accompaniment you're going to bring so we don't get five bags of chips but no fruit or cookies!

Love,
Miz Bossy

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I'm in! I'm in! I'm bringing chicken wraps. I'll bring some fruit too, but I won't know what kind until I see what actually looks good when I go shopping. Sorry to dissapoint you on the chicken salad Teresa - I know how much you loved the idea of me putting sour cream in it :)

Tue Jun 26, 03:30:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

It was more the idea of mayo in the sour cream than sour cream in the mayo. If I remember correctly we were also talking about nachos or guacamole or something and I started thinking about mayo in that. Blech.

I might bring tuna salad sandwiches or wraps. And either cookies or chips. Ha. How's that for a committment? Hey, I'm in - what more do you want?

; )

Tue Jun 26, 06:04:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ewww - mayo in guacamole. That is sooo uncouth.

Wed Jun 27, 03:06:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home