Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, February 04, 2008

When Will I Ever Learn

This is my fourth child and of all the things that I have learned over the years, there are obviously plenty more that I have not. One of them is do not give a child a choice unless you really, really do not care what the outcome is. Case in point - Lea Anna's up coming birthday:

ME: "Lea Anna, what kind of food do you want at your birthday party?"

LEA ANNA: "fruit rollups"

ME "No, we are already having cupcakes. I mean the actual food - like hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza ..."

LEA ANNA "fruit rollups"

And on and on the one-sided conversation goes, her tuning me out in the process all the while waxing poetic about the five dollar cash card you can win from specially marked boxes (at this point I'd give her five bucks just to make this scenario go away)- only to repeat herself about the fruit rollups several hours later. This been going on for a week, and I have three more to go through till her party. AGH!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Oh, just let the child be difficult, and then tell her that instead of opening an actual present, your gift to her this year was not beating her for being such a turd, and that's why she shouldn't upset mommie anymore...

Tue Feb 05, 04:25:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your future children will fear you. Regardless, I refuse to serve fruit rollups. My plan is to serve what ever I want and if it includes little green things like chilis so be it. She had her chance.

Thu Feb 07, 03:30:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

I think it's perfectly fine to give them a choice...as long as they're the choices that suit you.

For example, the discussion could have gone like this:

MOM: "Lea Anna, would you rather have tofu on a stick or hot dogs at your birthday party?"

LEA ANNA: "I would love hot dogs, Mommy. Thank you very much for letting me choose."

See? Simple ; )

Sat Feb 09, 05:02:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Awe, Mom, just get her a box! They're cheap and it's her birthday!

And you can take her to Build-A-Bear!!!

Sat Feb 09, 08:30:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yum, Tofu! Makes my mouth water!

Mon Feb 18, 04:52:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home