Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vacation Bible School





Sunday after we finished Relay Vacation Bible School started up. I did crafts as usual, this time alot of the stuff was prepackaged so I didn't have to do alot of cutting. The only problem we had is the fish ball we made only had one googley eye in the package ( I told the kids they could write to the company and I would send the letters). We tie dyed tshirts, made turtle fans, colored frisbees and survived. Caitlin did the teachers lounge ( a much needed retreat with real food), and she took about 200 pictures. The best part was the competition between the boys and girls offering, if the boys lost Melvin (one of the church members) got pied and if the girls lost Wynter (VBS director) got pied. Well the adults were giving kids money left and right to put in the offering, I heard someone put in a $50 for the girls. Melvin kept putting in money because just about everyone wanted him to be pied. Boys lost..Yeah!!! All in all it went very well no one got hurt, even when I found out the last pew isn't bolted down after I grabbed it while falling. Most everyone had left and I blamed it on the kid who I was trying to shove out of the way(he shouldn't have moved).

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Suzanne, when do you ever sleep?

Of course the boys lost - Girls rule! "Boys are rotten made out of cotton. Girls are handy made out of candy!"

Our VBS starts next week and we are looking forward to it. I doubt it will be as cool as yours (no pie contest) but the kids had a blast last year.

Wed Jun 18, 05:29:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home