Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Mother of All Pumpkins

Almost - it's in the works. My Atlantic pumpkins have finally sprouted. You know - the ones that produced the record of a 1300 + pounder and routinely grow 700 lb pumpkins. So of course once again I have dreams of pumpkin grandeur. I've been reading up on all things pumpkin and this is going to be my lucky year. I'm going to grow one as big as a Honda and when that's all done I'll have to drag out Gary's reciprocating (or maybe even the chain saw) saw to carve it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Yay! Giant Pumpkins = Giant Pumpkin Pie!!!

Fri Jun 12, 11:09:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Teresa said...

Fresh, non-processed ingredients make your cooking and baking taste SO much better. But pumpkin is the one thing I can think of that, when it comes to pie, I like processed better. Fresh pumpkin is too stringy for pie, IMO.

But yeah, I am really liking the idea of a ginormous pumpkin pie : D

Sat Jun 13, 04:06:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

I remember how involved it was making a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin vs. canned so I'll stick to canned. Yet I suddenly have a killer craving for pumpkin pie. And one as big as a Cadillac would be a beauty to behold, even if it was stringy.

Back to the pumpkin - If hard work and miraculous luck pay off (you need plenty of both with these suckers) I'm going to have a killer jack-o-lantern for Halloween. It'll also give me room for something cool like a mini pyrotechnics display instead of a dollar store candle inside. What could possibly be more awesome than that? Yep, the dreams of pumpkin grandeur live on ......

Sat Jun 13, 05:52:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home