Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, August 16, 2009

3 Kelpies

They drive me crazy when they are here and I miss them when they are not. Lonnie and I have a good system worked out. Since he works every third day (24hr shift) I take Daisy and Tori when he is on and he takes Rockett when he is off. That way my dog gets some real exercise a few times a week. I sure don't know how he runs with 3 dogs, but they all enjoy it.
Rockett had some minor surgeries about a week ago. She had her teeth cleaned for the first time in 7 years, had a broken back tooth pulled and had a fatty tumor removed from her chest. She did just fine, didn't even seem to notice, but Tori knew something was up. She wouldn't stop sniffing her.
Work is hell. I wish I was 62 instead of 60, and I could afford to retire. It sounds like they may be laying off before too long so maybe they will do me a favor. The pace is getting faster and faster and I get so stressed that I can't keep up. I know the company is just trying to stay competitive and doing what they have to hold on to the business. We are back on a four day work week again due to lack of orders and I don't mind a bit having Fridays off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I miss Daisy and Rockett - they are awesome dogs. I don't remember Tori, ow long have you had her?

I understand that we are lucky that we still employed but man, after the workforce being pared down and massive increases to our workload that resulted from it, it'll drive you freaking crazy.

Sat Aug 22, 09:32:00 AM 2009  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

Lonnie got Tori a little over a year ago and he named her Victoria after the city in Australia where her grandmother came from. She is a real handful and different from the other two personality wise. It is hard to discipline her because she doesn't seem to care. It's like,OK,whatever! Not that she is stubborn but she has such a short attention span that she has already forgotten that she has displeased you.But she is sweet and affectionate and gets along great with Rockett. Daisy is an old grump and tells them both to get out of her space.I think she is almost 14.

Sun Aug 23, 08:11:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home