Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, August 26, 2005

Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

I am writing on a Spanish keyboard and can't find the punctuation so I am sorry I am writing this sloppy. I just wanted to let everyone know I am okay. I have 24 minutes until my favorite show, Stargate SG1, and I have no kids with me. Ruben And Hector left for the weekend with Marissa, their half sister, and Chela and Luis are at my sister-in-law's house to eat. Dad cooked today. Anyway what's new is I am not homeschooling Hector despite Luis' wishes. I am not telling Hector until next week in order to surprise him. He wants to go back real bad and he is missing out socially. About his grades I don't know what to do. His Star test came back and show he is advanced in all subjects but since he doesn't turn in his homework his grades are poor, no matter what I do. What's new with me is that we are broke. They cut our welfare check down to $530 a month, since I have been on the system for five years. Luis is adamant about going to school but we are very poor. We are talking about me working. I can't afford my books. Oh well, today was actually happy. I spent my day at the beach, meditating and reading the Bible. For me, it's been a long time since I have read it. I feel happy knowing that God is going to take care of me. Today felt good. I feel excited wondering what the week will bring. I will let everyone know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

School is a good thing. If you can get through that it will increase your income considerably in the long run. Do you check into a Pell grant or anyhting of that nature? Make your college counselor earn His/Her money and help you find something.
I need to go back to school myself. The initial cost scares the heck out of me, but if I get a B average (this part scares me too, my study habits suck) or higher my work will reimburse 80% of the tuition. It will increase my earning potentential by 20K a year minimum though. I guess if I want it bad enough I'll find a way.
To bad I don't have any pictures of that crappy trailer park I lived in for three years. I'd love to send that to Hector to let him knoe what fate awaits him if he screws up in school.
Anyway, now that I just made a short story long, hang in there. As long as you keep working on it, things will work themselves out.

Sat Aug 27, 05:56:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home