Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, August 11, 2005

On to Fort Leonard Wood

Heard from David this morning. It was a quick call on a borrowed cell phone. He graduated from AIT yesterday and was about to get on a plane to go to driving school at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri.

I asked if he'd received the package I sent him. It had a bundle of his mail, a letter from me and a package of beef jerky. He said, "I told you I couldn't have food." I reminded him that shortly after he'd arrived at Fort Lee he told me they could, but that it would be held in the drill seargent's office until the weekend. Apparently he was misled. The drill seargents apparently enjoyed the beef jerky, along with the gummi worms his Auntie Sherri sent and whatever else they get from these poor soldiers' families.

Things are supposed to be a lot different at Fort Leonard Wood. We'll see. I think I'm going to do a small test package before I invest much time or money in putting together something intended for David.

On a more serious note, he talked again about how soon he is likely to be deployed to Iraq. Ryan is in the vicinity, I know, though exactly where I'm not sure. Maybe Chelle can post and fill us in. Anyway, it's driving school now, followed (hopefully) by jump school at Fort Benning, near Columbus, Georgia (about 2.5 hours from Atlanta). After that...I don't know.

1 Comments:

Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Dave called me too, but it was so early in the morning that I was sleeping. Hopefully he'll get his cell bill paid soon so we can talk.

Fri Aug 12, 01:50:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home