Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, November 06, 2006

All I want for X-Mas...

So, a few days ago Mom told me to send her my Wish List for X-Mas and it got me thinking about what I want...

It was actually really hard because I don't REALLY want anything. Sure, there are a few movies and CDs I'd like to get my hands on, but I can live without THOSE. NE-wayz...

After a lot of thinking, I've decided that all I want for X-Mas is a pair of 14 (or 20) Eyelet Doc Marten Boots. If you buy them from Amazon.com, their price ranges from $100 to $120 (or something like that).

I know it's kinda pricey for boots, but the ones that I can afford (which run up to $40) always break apart at the heel after a couple of months. I need something made stronger and Docs last FOREVER. I've had mine (which have 8 Eyelets) for almost 3 years and I bought them USED! However, they are scraped to all Hell and the leather has stretched, so they're really loose. I'd like to think of New Docs as an investment of sorts. NE-wayz...

I tried saving up on my own, but a majortiy of my money ended up going to mine and Adrian's stupid phone bill...

If this was ALL I got for X-Mas, I really wouldn't care! In fact, if everybody put in $20 and didn't get me anything else PERIOD, I would STILL be happy! And to make things niftier, YOU wouldn't have had to spend that much... YAY!!!

---------------

14-Eyelet



20-Eyelet



Love,
Jazzy ^_^

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Adrian, I'm sorry to inform you but your death star is on back order. However, if you're a really good little boy, I can still get you a my little pony. Would you like it with a teal, pink or lavender mane?

Tue Nov 07, 03:35:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Hey, we saw My Little Ponies this past weekend when we went to the corn maze and hayride and stuff. They were so cute and little and fat. They would be perfect for you, Adrian.

Jazzy, you have good taste in shoes and you don't have to justify wanting Docs because they'll last you forever. That being said, I'm broke.

Okay. I love you. Buh-bye!

Tue Nov 07, 04:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Alas, Jazz and Adrian we are all poor that you may have to settle for a pair of toe socks. Besides adrian, If I was able to aquire a star destroyer, I would be the one operating it. Here's my wish list:

'66 Mustang (rag top preferred)
World Peace
A million buckaroos
My own personal maid
Hot Tub
A butt kicking stereo system for my car (I must drown out all these idiots playing rap)
A tour of the Ghiradhelli factory - with samples of course
Someone - to trip Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton as they walk up the capitol steps
A BIG kitchen stocked with lots of nifty gadgets
EAR PLUGS! - Or even better.....
A volume control knob installed on Daniel & Lea Anna (Oh please Oh please)

Wed Nov 08, 04:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Docs are nearly the most indestructable shoes ever. I had my first pair forever and only tossed 'em when there was no more rubber sole on the bottom. My second pair didn't last quite so long because I started wearing them to work, and after a couple of years they started smelling like a dead animal...eewww. Hope you get the tallest ones, they'll look the cutest with a skirt :)

Wed Nov 08, 09:38:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Lisa, that is a fine wish list. I only see two unrealistic things on it, and if you get an iPod and a pair of noise cancelling headphones you'll gain the same end result as one of them ; )

Mand & Jazz: I disagree about the taller boots. The shorter pair is still pretty darn tall and will no doubt have a relatively big hassle factor as well as be uncomfortable for a good while as they're being broken in. The increased pain-in-the-arsedness of the taller pair isn't enough to compensate for the slightly higher degree of cute.

But maybe I'm just too practical to be able to tolerate spending 20 minutes getting into a pair of boots that will chafe my calves for the first year I wear them.

Thu Nov 09, 05:10:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

The only reason I hesitate to get the tallest ones is because I have big calves...but they are still cool.

WHen I hit the lottery, I will have a CLOSET FULL of Docs...in every damn color! (Except pastels!!!)

Thu Nov 09, 09:20:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home