Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, October 30, 2006

My Hearts in the Pit of My Stomach!

I did not know who else to turn to. Not more than two hours ago David and I were on the computer chatting about what to get mandy for her birthday. We got on the phone after he was done to order her gift. I was telling David how I felt we got robbed of ways of communicating because of the assignment he got. Because he got an easy and semi-safer job he gets less perks. Like Internet and phones in his room. So he has to go to this place called an internet cafe which has a limited number of phones and computers. Sometimes the wait is too long and he does not have the time to wait. Me being the big ass I am had to voice my opinion on the crappy deal we got. Either he gets to be safe and we talk less or in more danger and we talk when ever we want. So I thought! I was just starting to calm down when David said he could hear gun fire. He felt it was our guys shooting. I ask if he was wearing his gear. He was not! Someone came into the cafe and order everyone off the phones and computers. We said our I love yous and got off the phone. I will never again complain about what time we do get on the phones ever. I'm scared!

8 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Yikes - I can imagine how freaky that whole scene was.

Just talked to my coworker who has a boyfriend in 4th ID and she said it is pretty common to hear that kind of noise going on while they are on the phone. Sometimes he'll tell her, "oh, hang on a second...gotta get into a bunker" like it's no big deal.

I know gunfire and all that other "fun" stuff is going to happen 'cause it comes with the territory. If you're a soldier my guess is you can't get too freaked out about it because it happens too often, but at the same time you can't be complacent about it because if you do you'll get your arse shot : O

It'll be interesting to hear David's take on it - at least, what he is allowed to post - when he can get back online.

I know the blackouts make communication tough...you're just going to have to make the most of the time you do get, when you get it.

Mon Oct 30, 03:20:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

FYI, David and Liubinka called this a.m. and all is well.

Tue Oct 31, 07:36:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I agree with the laser beams...

David always struck me as someone too stubborn to get hurt anyway.

Tue Oct 31, 09:55:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yes - use the LASER!

Tue Oct 31, 11:15:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Mrs. Luby said...

Sorry if I scared anyone other then myself. My bad!

Tue Oct 31, 02:15:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Luby, do not worry about scaring us. Lord only knows how any of us would react if it was our husband. I am thankful that everything came out well in the end.

Tue Oct 31, 02:51:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

stuff like that freaked me out the first couple days i was here... i hadn't heard any big booms since our "feild trip" in june. it's more of an inconvenience than anything else, really. safety is always number one on everyone's list over here, and that often means doing stuff "the hard way." i'm trying to get my chain of command to order us those peel-off windsheilds they use in NASCAR. i'm getting bored with cleaning my windsheilds every 20 minutes. love you all and you're in my prayers.

HOLLA

Fri Nov 03, 11:25:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Interesting idea.

Fri Nov 03, 12:03:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home