Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, October 20, 2006

Live From Iraq

It took several false alarms and countless hours sitting up at the airfield, but we finally loaded up on a C-17 Wednesday evening and made our way to Iraq. We've had to run to the bunkers a couple times so far, but life for the most part it feels like Kuwait. The temperature is much more tolerable here... easily 10-15 degrees cooler. The dining facility, however, is fuckin titties. The first night we were here was "Surf & Turf" night... yum. I told Mr. Hajiman I wanted everything and he gave me... well, he gave me everything. A hearty steak, crab legs, lobster tail, shrimp, scallops, crab bites, hush puppies, cheesy garlic mashed potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits. Needless to say I didn't go to the gym that night. I did, however, go last night. I'm on a program I call "Body by Brandon." My buddy, Hill B, is my new personal trainer for the next year, and if things go like they did last night, I'll come home a new man. When we got done lifting lastr night, I couldn't do a single push-up. When I went to shave my face, I had to use my left arm to brace my right arm because I was so weak. Other than that, not too much is going on this side of the Atlantic. Luby's going to send my mailing address out, and any questions you have she should be able to answer. I'll get at y'all later.

-Dave

7 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Adrian! Where is the love???

Fri Oct 20, 12:19:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

We'll have to forgive Adrian for not playing nice. He's a (( Gasp )) ... Teenager!

Fri Oct 20, 04:12:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

HA! HA! HA!

"Lobster Tail"... NICE ONE, ADRIAN!!!

...You know, if I'D been the one to say "Fuckin' Titties" I'd have most likely been reprimanded for it because this IS (and I quote Aunt Teresa) "A FAMILY BLOG."

Fri Oct 20, 07:35:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Jazz: you're absolutely right. It is supposed to be a family blog. Thank you for making sure to give David's potty mouth extra play, BTW : P

Mostly it's not the younger kids that are on the blog, but I think Daniel or Ruben should be able to look at camping pictures or Jazzy's latest school stuff without getting encouraged by our use of R-rated language. Everyone here has pretty good language skills and should be able to get their point across in a post that might, at worst, earn something less risque than a PG-13 rating.

Sat Oct 21, 07:36:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

fuggem keeids

Wed Oct 25, 02:53:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Mrs. Luby said...

DAVID, you are so bad baby!

Wed Oct 25, 03:56:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yay! Luby finally posted!

Wed Oct 25, 07:34:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home