Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, October 12, 2006

marching down the avenue...

I've been in Kuwait for over a week now and I must say I am unimpressed. The food here is great, but everywhere outside smells like shit. By my measurements, this post is approximately 19 million miles across, and it actually gets bigger in the middle of the day. Since I arrived, I've been looking all over post for my rucksack, but didn't have much luck until today. We were packing some things up on the other side of post when a guy in my platoon saw a rucksack with my name on it. Luckily the sun had already set when it was time to hump it back. I'm still missing a couple of things, but my NCO's are taking care of the rest.

We should be headed for Iraq sometime soon, but until the wheels are up, nobody will know exactly when that is. I will be living in a two-man room with some random asshole, but the Army is making up for it by providing me with free internet access and AFN. People are saying the DFACs are better in Iraq, but the poo smell is worse... I don't know if that balances out, though.

We've been pretty busy, but still miss home. I talk to Luby just about every day and I've been able to talk to the kids a couple times, too... I miss them a lot, though. As soon as I get settled in Iraq, I'll be able to post pictures and stuff... there's a new policy that prohibits us from taking pictures off post, so you'll primarily see soldiers doing dumb shit and lots of sand. Until then, I'll be on my back.

-Dave

8 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Luby said...

Guess I wont have to post what he is up to.

Thu Oct 12, 02:51:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

no... just what you are up to

Thu Oct 12, 02:54:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

You'll be okay Dave, just don't inhale for the next 9 months or so. And you thought the Chatahoochee smelled bad!

Thu Oct 12, 03:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Ick. Maybe we can find an air freshener that can be applied to his upper lip so he won't smell the crap.

Fri Oct 13, 07:42:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah, Liubinka - what's going on with you?

Fri Oct 13, 07:50:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Wow... Shi**y smells all around?

That sounds a lot like Downtown!
(Only you main smell piss and bum-sweat...)

Hm... One of my old roommates was a b**ch!

Fri Oct 13, 08:46:00 AM 2006  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

The firefighters always carry Vicks Vaporub to put on their upper lip when they have to go into a stinky house.

Fri Oct 13, 01:57:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

That's a good idea. I'll have to put that in a care package to David.

They haven't moved yet, so we still don't have an address.

Fri Oct 13, 02:08:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home