Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, October 02, 2006

Just Give me a Botttle and a Big Ol' Cup... So I Can Get ****ed Up

After a year of playing around with our deployment schedule, my chain of command finally made up their mind. I will be heading to the airfield to get on a plane at 0220 Wednesday morning. After a short stint in Kuwait, I'll be heading over to [insert name of camp here] in Iraq to do [fill in name of mission here]. After an undetermined amount of time, I'll come back to Texas to party with my family. Like I'm told on a daily basis, "I won't lie to you, but the truth is constantly changing."

If I have Internet access, I'll be on Skype video-chatting when I'm not busy. I love it it works great... at least it does on this side of the water. I'll als make sure my mailing address gets posted so you can send me sucky-chewies.

-dave

p.s. -- everyone needs to get a psp and a nintendo ds... they kick ass

7 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Geez, Dave. Watch yer typing, boy.

When you get the address let's pass it around via e-mail. Not safe to post here.

Mon Oct 02, 03:49:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sucky-chewies? You'll have to give me more details or I might send you somehting horrid like neon green chemical watermelon flavored candies. Anyway, please do e-mail me your shipping and e-mail addresses and a wish list as soon as you can. We get free shipping at my work to any service members stationed overseas, so I figure you might as well have a few perks with all you will be facing shortly.

Mon Oct 02, 04:12:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

He'd probably like those...bleh :-P

Best not to come up needing dental work while you're in the Middle East, though, so maybe just a little candy ; )

That's really cool that Cat allows you to send packages to deployed soldiers, and you're a really sweet Auntie to send David treats. Not sure what you mean when you say "all you will be facing shortly." I mean, heck - we'll be freezing our arses off here in another month and he'll be enjoying balmy desert weather in an exotic location!

Mon Oct 02, 05:56:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

You mean someone might actually like them gross candies? Eww! The grape hard candies are just as nasty too. I only give either of those to give out at Halloween to the few kids we don't like. Everyone else gets chocolate.

Tue Oct 03, 04:06:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Video games'll rot your brain... It's all about absurd cartoons and musicals!

Wed Oct 04, 08:54:00 AM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I will send plenty of suckie-chewies (that's what Dave's drill instructors in basic called any kind of candy-how creative). And, yes, everyone should get a Nintendo DS, because they are awesome. I bought one for myself, one for Steve, and Mom and I bought one for Dave for his birthday. I am on a mission to get one for everybody I know, but at over $100 a pop, it's going to take me a little while.

Thu Oct 05, 06:06:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

...I would rather have a flash drive.

Thu Oct 05, 09:02:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home