Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Final Farewell to Mr. Turtle

Nothing new or exciting is going on here, but I have been up since before the crack of dawn with a strange urge to write, and at the same time still fuming about out what to do with the remaining 100 or so pounds of sand still sitting in a little pile next to my back porch.

Ode to Mr. Turtle

Farewell Mr. Turtle,
With your neon yellow lid
Upon my back porch
I thought you were safely stashed
Till the evil landlord decided to walk past

Bad Landlord! Evil Landlord!
May the fleas of 1000 camels
infest your shorts!


I made a real good beef pot pie for dinner last night. I found out if I simply simmer the veggies in with the browned meat for an hour or so even the carrots come out tasty. Lea Anna was heartbroken however, when she found out there were no apples or other goodies in it. After eating all the crust off (she called it "the pie cracker") she tried to talk me into making another one "with sugar in it".

5 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

LMAO@Lea Anna...

You know little kids, don't like grown-up food!

...Who's Mr. Turtle?

Mon Oct 16, 01:20:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Mr. Turtle is the brand of sand box that's shaped like a turtle (of course), with it's shell as a lid.

Mon Oct 16, 03:56:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Poor Lea Anna and Daniel. Poor Mister Turtle.

You could offer the sand on Freecycle. I'm sure there's a group in your area.

Mon Oct 16, 04:57:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

We have plenty of stray cats around here so I wouldn't offer the sand to anyone. If they would have given me a few days to dispose of it, I could have done something other than turn it into a giant kitty litter box. The landlords just got their panties in a wad 'cause some big shots were coming by to look at the place.

BTW Jazz, DANIEL liked my pie - even if he picked the carrots out.

Tue Oct 17, 04:17:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Well, Daniel is BIGGER than Lea Anna...

He has had time to develop his taste for veggies.

Tue Oct 17, 08:22:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home