Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, September 14, 2007

D-DAY? THIS IS C-DAY!

After weeks upon weeks of house hunting and jumping through the mortgage underwriter's hoops and faxing paper after paper after paper, today is CLOSING DAY. I went to work Wednesday, but didn't really work at all. I was too busy receiving personal calls on my cell and at the office or receiving faxes and emails about the house. I had to leave twice to go to my apartment leasing office to obtain the holy VOR (verification of rental) that they didn't want to give me. I thought my boss was going to send me home for sure. Now we are 7 hours away from closing, and Steve didn't get off work last night in enough time to get our U-Haul trailer, so we're 12 hours behind schedule. We wouldn't be in such a rush, but tomorrow at 2:00 I have to leave to take him to the airport because he's going to Germany for 2 weeks. Since he won't be returning until the day before our lease is up, it's up to us to move most of the crap out before he leaves. Whatever we don't get I'll have to move by myself while he's gone. I just wanted to write since I don't know when I'll have internet set up at the house. Hopefully soon, but who knows? Well, I have to run now, wish me luck...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yay Mandy!! Closing is hell, almost as much as moving. The good thing about it is you won't have to go through it again for a long time, maybe even never. Don't forget where you pack the TP. There is nothing so uncomfortable as drinking copius amounts of ice tea and then having to dig through three boxes to find the Charmin!

Fri Sep 14, 04:49:00 PM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Thank God, the sellers left us a couple rolls of TP as well as a shower caddy, leftover paint, and a cake!

Sat Sep 15, 03:47:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

You scored, with both the TP and the cake. Our sellers left us with at least 100 wire hangers, two fugly wreaths, slime in the bathtub, an unflushed toilet and rotten food in the fridge. I like yours much better. They have some class.

Sat Sep 15, 05:27:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home