Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Adventures in Suburbia

I have been going, going, going for the past couple of weeks, and now that it's all over so I'm going to crank the AC up and chill all weekend until I have icicles hanging off my nose. The heck with the electric bill. I know it's hot everywhere, but my goodness it was 107 degrees at 7pm Wednesday and has only been a few degrees cooler the past two weeks. Even with the constant warnings in the media, and with our dry crackly lawn, some genius threw a lit cigarette butt in our lawn and nearly set it on fire. And by the way, thank you Metro Nashville for implementing the "Standard School Attire" against parents wishes so I had to keep driving around town in this oven for two weeks trying to find size 8 khakis! Daniel does look sharp though.

Besides the great khaki hunt, going back and forth with the mortgage company with the usual pre-closing crud (to the point where I was ready to walk away from it all and rent for the rest of my life), and working on the United Way campaign at work. The United Way campaign was the funnest. Every floor had a competition decorating a laundry basket filled with school supplies and uniforms to the theme of a song. Ours was "Stray Cat Strut". We made an alley theme with the dumpsters, stray cats and all. It came out really cool but we didn't win.

I've been taking my frustration out on a bill collector who just can't get it through her head that they have the wrong debtor and the wrong phone number. It's much funner to mess with pushy people than to yell or hang up on them. I've been making a game of how long I can keep her on the line before she hangs up in frustration.

5 Comments:

Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

107- yikes. The highest it's gotten here is 104.

Sun Aug 19, 06:48:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

104 is bad enough. At that point it just can't get much worse.

Sun Aug 19, 09:43:00 AM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

True dat. Combine the heat with the humidity, and every time I step outside I feel like someone has thrown a warm wet blanket on me- bluh.

Mon Aug 20, 03:21:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Job Corps tried to make me wear a uniform, but they can eat me... I'm not wearin' nuthin'!

At least they gave you a cool song for your contest. I LOVE the "Stray Cat Strut"!

Thu Aug 23, 01:59:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe that was our problem, it was too cool. "Somewhere over the Rainbo" and other similarly fluffy songs took the top few spots. I actually wanted to do "Surfing With the Alien" by Joe Satriani, but being as only two other people on our whole floor had heard of it, that idea got shot down real quick. Man, just think of the possibilites we could have done with that!

Thu Aug 23, 02:59:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home