Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving

I miss you all and hope to see at least some of you (all if I have my way) on New Years. So while I'm boohooing over Y'all what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? We are going over to Gary's Niece's house again for a traditional dinner. I'm bringing cranberry waldorf salad (I found the recipe that Aunt Janet sent to me - probably repeatedly), and sweet potatoes. Basically I get to cook the fun stuff. Not that I mind roasting a turkey. It's just that it never seems to be quite thawed out when it's time to prep it and you have to practically pry the neck out with a crow bar.

Speaking of sweet potatoes, does anyone besides me loath marshmallows on them? I'm a purist. Just roast em' and hand me the butter and I'm good to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Me & B and the kids are heading on up to Amanda's for Thanksgiving and to see her new house. I wish we could have a big turkey dinner with everyone but hope y'all will be here for the New Year's bash.

Everyone who is or will be in town for either Christmas or New Year's is invited. Let me know if you're coming from outside GA and need a place to stay then. I've already talked to a few people who are planning to come, so let me know ASAP if you'll be here and we'll figure out where you can bunk : )

Mon Nov 12, 05:03:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

We'll be there for New Years for sure. I don't know yet if Gary is coming.

Mon Nov 12, 03:48:00 PM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I got a 25 lb. bird- I'm taking that bad boy out of the fridge Tues. nite just to make good and sure I don't have the frozen turkey issues I had last year!

Thu Nov 15, 04:50:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home