Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, October 22, 2007

What is Amanda doing anyway?

So we got this house, and now I have no time. I wake up early every morning, take care of the dogs, get coffee in me and get ready and then woosh I'm off to work. I work work work a lot of the time working through lunch, and then get off and battle traffic to the interstate. Not so bad once I get on the highway, but I still have 25 miles to drive back to the house once I'm off the surface streets. If I'm lucky I can go straight home, but a lot of the time I have to stop by the store for something important. Like coffee or creamer or dog food. You know, the basics. Then I get to take care of dinner. If Steve is in town I will cook real food, but when he's traveling the dogs get fed while I heat up my Lean Cuisine. That leaves me enough calories to enjoy some Starbucks ice cream (yum more coffee) or a cookie or whatever else I have in the house while I watch T.V. for about 15 minutes until I can no longer hold my eyes open and I have to take myself to bed. If it's a weekend I try to take care of stuff around the house, but I really dread having to leave because I feel like I never get to spend enough time here anyways and I don't like having to crate the dogs. We just got our first dining room table ever and now we are total freaks and must eat every meal there no matter how good T.V. is at the time. I actually ate breakfast this morning just to enjoy the fact that I am no longer having to hold my plate in my lap, eating with one hand and swatting at the dogs with the other. Neko now cries because he can't actually see the yummy goodness on our plates and he probably knows his days of getting scraps are coming to an end. Good thing, since he's turned in to quite a little butterball. Well, now it is 9 and I don't think I'll be able to stay awake much longer. I was really hoping to post pictures of the house, but I can't find my adapter for my SD card and there is no telling where it may be, so I can't get the pictures off my phone easily. Oh well, I will post again when I get a chance, maybe sometime in the next decade, and put pictures up then. I tell ya, I have no idea how you all do it with work and a house and dogs because there's just not enough hours in the day for me, or maybe just not enough coffee :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah, um...welcome to adulthood.

There are variables that make it more or less difficult so if you don't like your version of being a grown-up then just change one or more of the following:

* job
* income
* length of commute
* roommate(s) and/or significant other who contributes
* roommate(s) and/or significant other who does not contribute
* amount of indebtedness
* desire for things
* dependents requiring care/money
* pets requiring care/money
* home maintenance requirements
* dirt/disorder tolerance level

Simple, right?

Mommy loves you, Mand.

p.s. - Caffeine is only a temporary fix that you pay for once it wears off...unless you consume more. Unfortunately even then it all catches up with you, usually when you try to go do something fun :-P

Tue Oct 23, 06:10:00 AM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I live on caffeine...

Tue Oct 23, 03:45:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

Re: labels - There isn't much of a point if people don't use a basic set consistently. But the point is to categorize posts.

I will probably add a sidebar sometime soon that lets you click on the more common/popular labels and bring up posts that fall into that category. So keep using labels and if you have time, go back and label your old posts.

I'm also thinking about redesigning the blog but that's a post for another time when the timer on the chicken isn't going off ; )

Wed Oct 24, 05:04:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

Just hang in there Mandy. It will never be easy, but it does get significantly better.

Thu Oct 25, 04:15:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home