Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Greenbrier is a trip. It's like a modern version of Mayberry. One of our neighbors got raided last week for growing wacky tobaccy. I hadn't even had a clue this was going on as we had never even seen the guy, but I vaguely remember wondering about all the police ATV's I heard zooming around on his property at the time. Our local ice cream man zooms down the street to our end of the block instead of the usual slow crawl they do then jams on the break in front of our house before pulling into our driveway to chew the fat for ever and a dayafter he gets Lea Anna's dough then zooms back down the road to where ever else he goes on his route. I guess it's something you'd have to see to appreciate. Our mayor does not even have a high school diploma but is a self made man and a slickster who also appointed himself chief of the volunteer fire department and runs a local construction business. He was knocking on our door for donations just a couple of days after we moved in. Everyone I meet is some type of character. I love it here! I think I'll skip the "Plant Man's" house when we go trick-or-treating though. You never know what you'll get mixed in with the candy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Hmmmm...a picture is worth a thousand words - would love to see some from your town. Sounds like D'ville about 20 years ago!

Tue Oct 02, 04:58:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I would like "Plant Man" candy!

Thu Oct 04, 10:07:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'd prefer you to stick with Hershey Bars Ms. Jazz. While the other stuff may relax you and may be good for glaucoma, it don't do a darn thing for your brain cells.

Thu Oct 04, 03:44:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home