Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Official!

I think I've talked to everyone except Jazz and Adrian (sorry guys - you've been kinda nomadic here lately), so for you two here it is: Brian and I are getting married right after Christmas.

Fortunately I found a place we can get everything we need for the actual shindig (ain't that cool?), so the big thing is wading through and purging the amazing amount of crap that has expanded to fill every available space even though I've primarily lived here alone. We've got three and a half more bodies to pack in here (no little people - it's just that Christina started college this year and is living on campus while school is in session).

Yes, folks, this does mean that I will no longer have room for out-of-towners to crash overnight during the holidays and other assorted visits. But the trade-off is pretty darn good for everyone else so I hope you'll forgive me and think it might be worth a visit even if you have to pony up for a hotel room.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congradulations again Sis. Don't forget to tell Brian how lucky he is to be both your husband and my brother in law :)
Only in the south could you find gowns, guns and brew in the same location. So when are we going to get all the wedding details? Come on - talk to us Sis. Enquiring minds want to know!

Tue Aug 26, 07:11:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

CONGRATULATIONS, AUNT TERESA!!!

I WANNA GO TO THE WEDDING!

Does that mean I get to have a gun and liquor? It doesn't have to be at the wedding, I can wait 'til the reception.

;-P

Tue Sep 02, 10:57:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Uh oh, bringin guns & liquor to the wedding? Don't tell me my Cali girl is goin' redneck on me.

P.S. If you make it down here for Christmas I can give you a ride.

Tue Sep 02, 07:59:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

People: the photo was a joke, although it is of a real business. And believe it or not, it is not in the South. Read the sign.

Re: details - we are still trying to hash out what we're going to do. All I can say right now about the festivities is that with regard to fuss, fanciness and pretension they will fall somewhere between a traditional church ceremony and a backyard wedding - but will be neither!

I'm not posting the specifics here until after the fact because I don't want to give out the details to the general public. Oh, and we don't have any specifics nailed down except the date. Our list consisting "only" of family, a couple of friends and our coworkers is looking pretty big so we may not be able to do everything 100% the way we'd like.

Yes, Jazzy, if we do anything at all you'll be invited. And no, you may not have guns or liquor!

Make sure I have your e-mail address if you want more info.

Wed Sep 03, 03:23:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home