Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, August 02, 2008

I think I've Died and Went to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

Otherwise known as Walmart during Tennessee's tax free Weekend. It's hot, muggy, crowded and the parking lot is filled with psychos. Much like the Kroger parking lot under a snow advisory, just much warmer. They are even more demented in the school supply aisle. I am usually smarter than this but the end of summer vacation just kind of creeped up on me and all of the sudden it's like "Oh my God, they are starting school next week and Lea Anna needs boosters and they've grown out of all their clothes". But it's DONE! And the kids will appreciate not having to go to school naked. I will appreciate not having the front door left open every 10 minutes (as a matter of fact I am cooling the whole darn neighborhood) and having to chase flies out of the house. Now that this last hurrah is over, the kids celebrated by running through the sprinklers and suckering me into baking cookies. I will sleep good tonight. Especially after a nice warm chocolate butterscotch cookie. My youngest little ham insisted I video tape her and put it on YouTube. She may be a touch immodest but She's young and cute enough to get away with it.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Awe! Lea Anna's getting so tall!

I actually thought of the kids while I was at WalMart yesturday... They had glitter notebooks and Lisa Frank crap that made me think of Lea Anna; I wanted to get Daniel a folder with Chuck Norris quotes, but I didn't think he'd get them.

Tue Aug 05, 10:04:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Like you I had to school shop tax free weekend. I am limited on when we could go between Caitlin's job and mine. To top off your experience we went to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge outlet stores (big tourist area)on a Saturday, they had police directing traffic in one of the big the outlet malls (we parked in back). Then I had to go to Walmart in that area to grocery shop because when I got home I wasn't moving. But at least I only have one child to shop with now.

Sun Aug 10, 03:54:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes Kiddies, there is a place called Hell and it is called tax free weekend in Tennessee. The only bright spot to it is that I get to get SOME of the money back that our blood sucking state legislature gouged from us through out the year. And I stocked up on a six month supply of crayons for 22 cents a box.

Sun Aug 10, 02:54:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

I went with B. to do the tax-free school shopping thing and it wasn't that bad. Just steer clear of Wal-Mart and things go a lot better : )

Mon Aug 25, 08:00:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home