Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, September 08, 2008

Sprint 500

I got to fill in at the last minute at the Richmond, VA race this weekend. We all had a blast but I am glad to be home. Alas, I still was not allowed to jump in the Cat car and do a 360 in the parking lot. I didn't even get to lay one little finger on it. I did however get to meet Richmond's finest. I wasn't paying attention returning from the pit tour and stepped over the white line so I got chewed out something to the tune of "I SAID do NOT cross the WHITE LINE!" by a police officer. Oops.


The closest I will ever get to any race car:



Pit Row, Getting Ready for the Race



Some of the pit crew taking a quick breather before the race



Gentlemen - Start Your Engines!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Looks fun! I can't watch that crap on TV, but I would go if I ever got the chance...

Thu Sep 11, 07:21:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm with you. No matter how cool the cars are it is boring watching them go around the track 500 times, unless one of them crashes. It's way more fun watching it in person, especially if you are one of the lucky few that get a headset and can hear the driver and pit crew. Even so, it was hot as hell and we still only lasted till the 83rd lap.

Fri Sep 12, 07:26:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home