Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, January 30, 2009

Goinz On

I have been so bad about posting, I know. Sorry : (  There's been a lot going on but perhaps things will slow down a bit now that I'm all married and stuff!

I have posted pictures from our wedding on Facebook. If you want to see them but aren't on Facebook and don't want to be, e-mail me and I'll send you a link to them.

Not quite two weeks ago I had sinus surgery, which technically included a nose job (ha ha). They put me under, ripped all the crappy sinus tissue out and fixed my nose so it could actually drain if I get any congestion. And given that I have allergies and I live in Georgia, that's inevitable. Recovery has mostly been okay but breathing only from my mouth the first few days was the worst.

Brandon is now on the track team at his new school and they are wearing him out. Last night I went into his room around 8:30 and he was out cold. I can't wait to see him do his thing at a track meet.

Michelle is resisting the pressure to pick up an extracurricular activity of her own. It's not that she's unwilling, exactly. She just doesn't want to do anything athletic...or anything big sis Christina has done...or anything requiring coordination...or anything that might be considered uncool by her peers.

We have another foster dog in the house. His name is Cane and he is a good-looking 2.5 year old boy. Alas, he does not seem to be the brightest dog...but he sure is enthusiastic! He recently discovered the area under the deck, but it took him a while to figure out how to get out from under the deck. Standing at the back door and calling him just confused the poor boy. He'd go - still underneath the deck - to where you were calling him, which was at the opposite end from the opening. Cane never really raced. They let him try 15 times, but that apparently wasn't enough for him to figure out what he was supposed to do. He has his own blog, which I am (supposed to be) maintaining, so check him out if you like.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I'm glad your surgery went well!

(No MJ nose for you, eh?! LOL!)

Maybe Michelle could try dancing (as in, real dancing and not cheerleading)... Or has her sister done that?

Mon Feb 02, 10:03:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yep, good thing you didn't go to MJ's surgeon. I'd have to be ashamed of you for the first time in my life. Glad you are on the mend.

Mon Feb 02, 04:30:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Teresa said...

I thought seriously about bringing a picture of MJ - with a big red "NO" symbol drawn on top - for the doctor.

Re: dancing - Jazzmin, maybe if you taught Michelle she'd go for it. I'll check!

Mon Feb 02, 07:00:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

Dancing is good. It's fun, it's cool. Also someone in this family has to prove that yes, white people can dance. (just not me, I'd only add fuel to that rumor)

Tue Feb 03, 03:32:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I'm not good enough at dancing to teach anybody, otherwise I totally would...

And the good thing about dancing is that, since there are so many styles, she doesn't have to worry about copying her sister (if she did indeed take dancing).

There's bellydance, modern, jazz, street jazz, hip-hop, ballroom, street salsa, ballet, etc.

Tue Feb 03, 01:44:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home