Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Where is Everybody?

Okay, I know you all are busy - Jonna just left for Mexico, Teresa is getting married, Dave & Luby had a baby, etc., but it's been awfully quiet here for a while. So in revenge for having a life and leaving me here by my lonesome you are going to have to hear about the exciting adventures of life in the boondocks.

I survived Black Friday shopping without any scars and got most of my Christmas shopping done. I do not think I will repeat the experience next year. I've done the Martha Stewart thing and sewed them new Christmas stockings. Only one of them ended up with a crooked toe so while I still suck, I am improving somewhat.

A few nights ago when it was in the 20's we went over board and stocked the fire box up not realizing that we were blocking the chimney. When Gary went down in the basement to check on it, the stove pipe was glowing red and it was almost 90 degrees out there. We didn't get carbon monoxide poisoning or burn the house down, but even after spending the next day cleaning and inspecting it for cracks & build up we're still too chicken to use it.

We got done with our annual gingerbread house this morning. Or rather I got tired of the kids arguing over who used too many of the gumballs (both of them!) on their side of the house and who was eating all the candy (again - both of them) and declared it was going to be displayed "as is". They are looking forward to December 26th when they'll be able to eat it. I won't touch it myself. The thought of willfully ingesting any food that's been handled and slobbered on that much is not appetizing at all.

Daniel and Lea Anna are trying to talk me into making Sheba homemade dog biscuits for Christmas. I can get over the fact that I can buy them already made down the street for a couple of bucks since the kids will get a kick out of it, if only it wouldn't involve driving to Timbuktu to find wheat germ.

It's freezing out here so we can't watch the grass grow or the turkeys cross the road. Maybe if I get adventurous I'll take the kids hiking. As soon as I get over the fact that there is no central heat in the great outdoors.

And that's all folks. So what's up with you all?

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

wellll i was just thinking "where is everyone?" but you beat me to it. i am working at a crazy bar that is probably unsafe for me to be at, considering how many times the police have been called up there this week alone. i am moving in with christina next tuesday, and i'm super excited about that. the dogs are good but need to be groomed- i can't part with $100 to do it now though... i got to fly to texas for the birth of my nephew, so that was pretty exciting. who else wants to catch us up???

Sat Dec 06, 02:30:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey, it's probably not legal for you to carry at your work but maybe you can scrape up 40-50 bucks for a stun pen. Just zap anyone that looks at you funny! "But officer, I thought he had a gun - I felt so threatened!"

Sat Dec 06, 06:18:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

I have been wanting to post for weeks but yeah, it's been crazy. And my computer at home has been on the fritz. And I've been super busy at work so I haven't been able to squeeze out a quick post there. When I do have a quick second I confess to sneaking over to Facebook to get my Baby Alex fix. And then the other thing is I have a new phone that has some sort of issue causing incompatibility with Blogger, so until they get it resolved I can't mobile blog very easily.

Lisa - Michelle would gladly ship you my jar of wheat germ if only she had money for postage.

Thanks for nudging us all, Lisa...hopefully I'll get my computer straightened out before the weekend's over and then things should calm down after the wedding and the holidays. Then I'll have time to post about all the goings-on - or lack thereof - in my neck of the woods.

Sun Dec 07, 09:12:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I'm still sewing!

I start Mandy's purse on Wednesday...

I have not been able to find beagle fabric for aunt jonna, so I will probably paint one on. *sigh*

Work sux.

Mon Dec 08, 09:54:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Jonna said...

I just came back from Mexico. I had a blast. Guess what? there is a chance that Ruben might come back next year after he finishes school, in June I assume. I sure do miss him. I hope he doesn't change his mind. School is going great, and I'll be finished in June. I have made alot of friends there. My dog is into everything, and as I told Lisa, she just chewed my cell phone so now I am temporarily without one. Chela is doing okay. her arm is mending. Two more weeks and she is out of her cast. Hector is doing well. We have a good relationship. We-Hector,Adrian, and I are all going to KFC ( Hector's favorite) for lunch. We are all supposed to be in school but since we got back late from Mexico, we couldn't wake up in the morning.One more thing. the police pulled Dad over and said if he ever drove again he would be arrested.The DMV called him in for a review on Dec. 23 and they are probably gonna take away his license as an added precaution. So I am getting my best christmas present-Dad not driving. P.S. sorry for not posting in like a long, long time. Good to hear from everybody.

Mon Dec 08, 11:31:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

Jazz, this is too expensive to do right now, but check it out for future reference: design & print your own fabric!

Jonna - do you think he'll remember he's not supposed to drive? Or that they took away his license?

Mon Dec 08, 11:40:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

That website is so cool! I'm stifling the urge to order lots of fabric I can't afford.

Hallelujia for Dad not driving! I sincerely hope he does remember not too.

Tue Dec 09, 05:39:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Awe! Aunt Teresa, you're a tease!


I wanna make my own fabric. :-(

Wed Dec 10, 10:48:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

Sorry! I knew you would love this. I could buy you a yard for like, Dia de los Reyes or MLK day or just because you're awesome or whatever. What could you do with a yard?

Sun Dec 14, 06:21:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I could make 2 vests with one yard of fabric.

...Or a mini skirt.

WTF is "Dia de los Reyes"? X-D

Mon Dec 15, 11:30:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

It's Three Kings Day, January 6, when the Wise Guys showed up to see Baby Jesus.

Mon Dec 15, 01:39:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home