Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, November 03, 2008

*Sigh* A Whole Year 'til Next Halloween

Hello, Family!

School is good and work is great.

The only major new thing in my life is that I started sewing more again (now that I finally rescued my machine from Grandpa's).

I've been altering shirts 'n' what-not... I even started making vests, shrugs, and button-down dresses/tops (like the kind that Dickies makes).

NE-wayz... I thought I'd post pics of my Halloween costume for everyone. Yay!

So, this year I went as a Mad Scientist.

This is my costume. (I know it is pretty "showy", but I had to take that I was going clubbing in consideration and that it would get hot. However, it's still not as revealing as some of the other costumes I saw. 0_0)



It looks better when I have my lab coat on. (Unfortunately this blurry crud is the only decent picture I have of me wearing it. Gah!)



This is a picture of my lab coat. (I altered a green trench coat I got off of eBay.)



My favorite part of my costume is my "Cyborg Eye" goggles. I rigged it up myself using a mini light from one of the candy displays at work. The light actually blinks too!!!



Last, but not least... Every Mad Scientist needs an experiment, so I made cat backpack I found at the Goodwill into my Franken-Critter, so I'd have something cool to carry my candy 'n' stuff in. (Mwuah ha ha!)

BEFORE




AFTER






I hope everybody did something fun for their Halloween! I know I enjoyed myself greatly!

Next year, I will probably dress as Evil Emperor Zurg from Toy Story 2.



If not, I'm at least going to attempt to make the costume for the sake of making it...just beacause it's cool.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Mon Nov 03, 07:35:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

You're costume came out great but you must be rubbing off on me 'cause I LOVE the kitty's new look.

Mon Nov 03, 07:36:00 PM 2008  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

jazzy u r so cool

Tue Nov 04, 06:01:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Awe... Thanks Mandy and Mom!

Mom: You were the one that would illustrate things like "101 Uses for Hamsters."

So who rubbed off on who?

Wed Nov 05, 02:02:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jazz, I plead the 5th.

Thu Nov 06, 04:48:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home