Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, September 26, 2008

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - NOT !

Apparently it does not take much these days to get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. You are not required to be a rock musician or even influential in the genre. For instance check out the 2009 Nominees:

Jeff Beck - Good choice. My personal Favorite as a matter of fact.
Chic - DISCO?? No disco - please no freaking disco!
Wanda Jackson - Yeah, whatever.
Little Anthony and the Imperials - At least it ain't disco but this is NOT a rock band nor were they even remotely influential on the rock scene.
Metallica - Not TOO bad of a choice. They still have nothing on Beck.
Run-D.M.C. - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Stooges - At least they were influential in the early rock scene, but they still sucked.
War - This is not a freaking rock band either.
Bobby Womack - Maybe the Soul Train awards but I don't see "rock" anywhere in his autobiography either.

Then again what do you expect. You know they were going down hill as soon as they inducted MADONNA.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I agree totally.

I've pretty much given up on mainstream music. 0_o

Tue Sep 30, 05:46:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

I love disco! And I like Run D.M.C. too. I would like Metallica a whole lot better if Lars wasn't such a whiner.

Between iTunes and Sirius Radio I don't have to listen to crappy music anymore : D

Tue Sep 30, 07:15:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, but it's supposed to be the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame. Most of the nominees had nothing to do with the rock scene.

Wed Oct 01, 05:14:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

You're right. They don't belong in there. I can guess at how Run D.M.C. might've made it (one hit with an Aerosmith song?) but not the rest of the oddball choices you mentioned.

I still like disco!

Wed Oct 01, 07:49:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I have get good music the expensive way, which is to buy it.

Or...I can steal it. (Downloading! Mwuah, ha, ha!)

Mon Oct 06, 03:27:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home