Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's new with Amanda you ask???

So it's been awhile since I've posted and I figured I'd give you guys (girls, whatever...) some pictures to take a gander at...

Shortly after I got back to Atlanta, I started working for a crappy (possibly shady) company, where I spent all day driving around, burning expensive gas. Along the way I saw some interesting things, like this mountain of glass:

This was at a glass recycling plant that I marketed to, and I was amazed at how high this mountain of bottles was.

A few weeks later, I was driving and noticed three stray puppies with their ribs poking out, scavenging for food. I felt so sad when I saw them, I knew they would get hit by a car if they didn't die of starvation first. When I called animal control, they told me they didn't know when they could get out to the area to pick them up, and the puppies might be gone by the time they sent someone. They asked me if there was any way I could bring them in my car, and I replied "I am actually working right now, and I'm wearing slacks and heels and I don't think I'd even be able to get them in my car." So what did I do? Pulled over and went after the puppies. They barked at me from a distance, too nervous to come close. I couldn't think of a way to lure them into my backseat, until I remembered that I had a small bag of potato chips in my console from when I had gotten Subway a few weeks earlier. Sure enough, with some coaxing and the help of salt & vinegar chips, I was able to corral all three pups in my back seat. Then the journey began...

I didn't realize that Douglas County animal control was in East Alabama, or I might have thought better of my undertaking. Apparently, one out of three dogs experience car sickness after eating salt and vinegar potato chips. That is exactly what I found out, when halfway there one of the cute little buggers yacked on my back seat. It was okay, they managed to clean up their mess by the time we arrived... which leads to the best part of the story...
When we got there, I went inside and told the workers who I was, and two ladies came outside to get the dogs. Guess they figured that since I was such a helpful person, bringing the pups there and all, that I wouldn't mind helping get them inside. Lady #1 pulled out puppy #1 and handed it to Lady #2, and she took the pup inside. Then Lady #1 pulled out puppy #2, who apparently had managed to drink his weight in fluids right before I rescued them. He tinkled a few drops on my car seat as she was passing him off to me, and then let a few more drops go on my leg. I walked the rest of the way holding him out three feet in front of me- I was supposed to be working after all, and my nice slacks were being used as a puppy pad. When I got to the door, I had to hold the dog like a football in one arm so I could open the door with my free hand, and that is when he decided to finish answering nature's call. The dog peed all over my leg. Guess no good deed goes unpunished, right? I heard through some neighbors a few weeks ago that the dogs were still in the pound, but were no longer starving. I hope they have each found a loving forever-home, even the one who peed on me...

So you can see I spent the time at my job well. Which is good, because I hated the place and no longer work there. Now I have been unemployed for almost 5 weeks... I was scared when I didn't find work after the 2nd week, the 3rd really made me nervous, and the 4th week just plain sucked. Now I have decided that God may not want me in the staffing business. So back to school I go. Only this time, I am not stopping until some guy wearing a floor-length black dress with a silly hat gives me a degree so I can make the big bucks. If I work hard and do well, I can even transfer to GA Tech and get my master's in 5 years. So there it is, I have detailed the beginning stages of my get-rich-slow scheme. Not as exciting as getting rich quick, but I don't think that was in the cards for me anyways...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

They are so pitiful looking. I'd have a hard time leaving them behind too. Even if it's a slow route to wealth, I think college will be good. You are way too smart to work crappy jobs.

Fri Sep 12, 07:36:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home