Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, September 19, 2008

Runnin' On Empty

In the aftermath of Ike, the Colonial Pipeline that supplies Tennessee's gas is running at only 25% capacity. So what does my fellow Tennesseans do? Why, they panic like very one else of course and rush out to the pumps to wait in long lines with tempers flaring, thus unnecessarily burning more fuel and suck them gas stations dry. I have never seen anything like this since the Carter administration. I refused to buy into it and did not top off my tanks this week. No problem, it was not my week to drive the carpool and there was still plenty of gas to be found in my neck of the woods, as long as you wanted to pay a premium price for it. Plenty of gas station closures were to be found else where but once the initial panic subsided it wasn't all that bad. One week later and another crop of scary news stories about our ever dwindling supply they have done it again. And this time they reported that there was still gas north of town. Meaning my neck of the woods. I'm trying very hard not to join the mass hysteria myself as my tank is getting low. I'm going to have a real fun vacation now. I suppose Gary and I will have to settle for watching the grass grow or the turkeys cross the road. Thanks a lot buttheads.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home