Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, February 09, 2009

On this date in history...

Wow - and it's not even anyone's birthday.

I looked at the date and realized it was the anniversary of the biggest earthquake I ever experienced: the Sylmar earthquake in 1971.

I remember being shaken awake in the bunkbed I shared with Suzanne. I believe I thought she was shaking the bed. You young'uns can read about it here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AuntieJanet said...

I remember that day too. I was in highschool and it was almost time for me to get up. Grandma was getting ready for work and she was really shook up. She told me "stay in bed! Stand in the doorway!

Mon Feb 09, 03:25:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't remember much, except what Mom told me I said (when she asked the next morning if I felt the quake) - "He shook my bed". And someones Cinderella figurine broke.

Mon Feb 09, 04:36:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home