Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, June 13, 2009

ADMIN: How to post here SUPER-quick & SUPER-easy!

I have posted about blogging from your phone before but still I've been the only one who's done it. Sad, because you can blog from anywhere when you have a few seconds if you'll set it up - which is SUPER easy.

What you need: a phone that can send text - a.k.a. SMS - messages.

What you need to post pictures: a phone that can send (duh) picture - a.k.a. MMS - messages.

When you log into Blogger, look at the tabs (Posting, Settings, Template, etc.) and click on Settings. Then click on the button that says "Email & Mobile." At the bottom of that page you'll see a link that says "Add mobile device." You'll see a code pop up in a window. If you only want to post text and not pictures all you have to do is text that code to 256447 (BLOGGR). If you have a camera phone want to send pictures AND text from your phone to the blog - which would be WAY more fun for everyone! - send the code to go@blogger.com. You'll get a confirmation message back in a minute that will tell you you're all set - it's that easy.

One of the reasons I haven't posted much is because I got a new phone which at the time wasn't supported, and using my phone was how I squeezed posts in. Blogger has straightened that out and I've set up my phone, so I'm good to go now. Now what about YOU? Set it up now!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

Sadly, I got text and web removed from my phone, but as soon as I get a job I'll get it turned back on, so that is good information to know.

Sat Jun 13, 10:16:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Teresa said...

I know it's cheaper if you can get by without it 100%. I was only using it here and there, and they started charging me like .25 per message. Rip off.

My plan now has unlimited everything so I don't have to worry.

Re: job - Amanda reminded me that there is also a pharmacy in the Target near the neighborhood I photographed for you. So that is two pharmacy possibilities within walking distance.

Sat Jun 13, 10:20:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have text, but hate using it. I'm still hanging on to this post though. One of these days I'll dip my toes a little further into the twenty first century an get a smart phone - then I'll really have some fun.

Sun Jun 14, 06:52:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Teresa said...

You don't need a smartphone to post via text message, Lisa.

I used to do it all the time with my regular old cell phone. You wouldn't want to write a lengthy post, but it's great for those random crazy things that happen throughout the day, e.g., "I saw Elton John at Wal-Mart buying yarn" or whatever.

This was just an example - I didn't really see Elton at Wal-Mart. I'm almost as unlikely to be there as he is.

Sun Jun 14, 08:58:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home