Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Nail Clipper Gnomes and Sock Faeries

I have Nail Clipper Gnomes in my house. I swear it's true. It's the only explanation for the mass disappearance of every freaking finger nail or toe nail clipper in the house. I buy, buy, buy and they just keep vanishing in the middle of the night before I can even get my toe nails clipped. I had to wear a double pair of panyhose to work today just to camouflage my hideous toes. Am I the only one with this problem?!

I have a theory where these evil gnomes originate from. They are the demon spawn of the Sock Faeries (not to be confused with the Underwear Gremlins). You know, the ones who hide out under the dryer snatching one of each pair of white socks only to turn around and sell them back to unsuspecting victims at three pairs for a dollar on Dickerson Road. Arrrrgh!

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Well, it's either gnomes or someone with a fetish for shiny objects. Have you checked under baby Lea-Lea's pillow lately?

Wed Aug 31, 05:55:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have check her favorite stash places. I found an empty hershey bar wrapper (I thought Gary finished my candy bar off, this girl is slick!), a dried up lump of greenish blackish play dough, two coke bottle tops, three ink pens, the filter for my water pitcher, some of Daniel's missing hot wheels and army men, zip lock bags and various other odd ball items, but no nail clippers. After all these years I still find it amusing to discover what these little darlings hold near and dear to their hearts. I still stand by my original statement though - it was the gnomes! Oh well, at least now I have a pen to write out the rent check.

Wed Aug 31, 07:22:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

LMAO! LeaAnna has a killer stash, man! Maybe you should call the Brothers Grimm...they can take care of those Nail Clipper Gnomes for you...

Wed Aug 31, 09:24:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home