Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I guess I'm the only one who gets this

I finally got my STFU University T-shirt from thinkgeek.com. While I thought STFU was a common acronym, no one but me seems to get. Have Y'all heard of it? I wanted to get the remote control UFO and the air bazooka, but I know I would get in a lot of trouble with it at work. {sigh} It's so hard acting grown up sometimes. I bought a Shrek fleece panel for Lea Anna for Christmas that I plan to sew into a throw for her. I tried to tell her it was for Mommy, and thought if I stuffed it away in my room she would forget about it. Not that girl, she don't believe me at all. She has been bugging Gary and I about it all day. This is just another example about why you don't lie to your children, even if they are two and it is for a good cause.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

No, you're definitely not the only one who gets it. I would buy that shirt and wear it to work every day if I could get away with it.

I've also been wanting the coffee mugs that say "WTF?" and "RTFM" but I would first have to think of some alternate meanings for those acronyms in the event I was asked about them by the uptight and in-charge people in my office.

Sat Nov 19, 07:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

What's the Framework?
Where's the Fries?

Ready to Fart Mutely
Right to Farm Monkeys
Red Teletubbies Fry Mothers

The "WTF?" is one of my favorites too. I also love the "RTFM". I may resemble that scenario too much. I rarely read the freaking manual. I still want the UFO. I think it is so cool, but too pricey.

Sun Nov 20, 05:20:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Why The Fuss?

Boy could we have some fun with that UFO. I'm thinking of a kind of fun that would make the neighbors call the police or the DoD or something ; )

Have you seen the movie Office Space?

If not, do - if you work in an office you'll LYAO because even though it's an extreme example, there are a lot things you'll relate to. Mike Judge, creator of Beavis and Butthead, wrote and directed it. It's nothing like B & B, though.

If you have seen Office Space then you'll understand the significance of the red Swingline stapler. I have one, purchased from ThinkGeek, sitting on my desk at work. It's a constant reminder to beware of The Man...and to question any request to move my desk!

Sun Nov 20, 07:44:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

No fuss yet, but imagine the possibilites. There is no way you could have toys like that and not air blast or buzz bomb everyone into oblivion. I love the gadgets at Think Geek, even if I'm no techie. I'll have to rent Office Space now.

Sun Nov 20, 02:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

No, Lisa - "Why The Fuss?" - WTF?!!?

Sun Nov 20, 02:17:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home