Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sweetwater Creek

I bought a state parks pass a couple of weeks ago and am really working to get lost in the woods for at least a portion of the weekend. This means checking the weather, picking the best looking day, and taking the dogs to Sweetwater for a little while then. I used to do this all the time pre-Steve and before I had dogs and it kept my head clear and my body from completely falling apart. I did drag Steve on one hike there with the dogs, who had a great time. But Steve was about to go into convulsions from the combination of physical activity and the fact that Brando (the Afghan Hound) frolicked in the leaves and got stuff in his coat. But, I digress...

Despite what Yankees will tell you we do have cold weather here in Georgia, and I don't tolerate it very well. The doggies don't either, but more importantly their bodies aren't built to handle it for long. One saying you hear a lot in Georgia, whatever the season, is "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes." It may not be that quick a change, but the point is there really are enough shifts that if it looks good out you need to put down whatever you're doing and go for it – carpe diem.

Sara and KiKi get so excited going to Sweetwater. When we get into the woods they want to stop and smell everything. It probably all smells like squirrels and bunnies and the dogs can't figure out where the critters are all hiding. They also attract – and love – a lot of attention from the people we run into along the trails. Sometimes I think KiKi sincerely believes all humans were put on this earth to pet her. And she's not afraid to use her wet nose to remind them of that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I miss Sweetwater Creek. It is one of the things I miss about Georgia - besides you all (of course) and Pastries-A-Go-Go. It is absolutely beautiful there. I wish I was there with you.

Sun Dec 11, 06:38:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Gosh, I haven't been to Pastries-A-Go-Go in forever...probably not since you left. I'd suggest a trip there while you're out but I'd put the odds of getting a table there with our bunch somewhere in the slim-to-none range. We might have to do some at-home baking to get a goodie fix. That'd be fun. And yummy : )

We could go to Sweetwater, weather permitting. But around New Year's that might be only slightly more likely than the aforementioned slim-to-none odds.

Sun Dec 11, 07:44:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I know what you mean. As I recall last time I went to Pastries-A-Go-Go we arrived pretty early and still had to wait for a table, even though there were only four of us including baby Daniel.

Sun Dec 11, 10:44:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Well, there's always Starbucks and their yummy Pumpkin Scones. Nah, they're not made from scratch on the premises like Pastries-A-Go-Go, but they sure are good.

Sun Dec 11, 02:34:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Starbucks is good a good thing. Lea Anna and Daniel are big fans too. Thank goodness they have dollar hot chocolates for the kids now.

Mon Dec 12, 05:40:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yup...he looked like Fabio. I don't miss the hair, but I miss Brando.

Mon Dec 12, 08:36:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home