Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ramblings from Beantown

There hasn't been much going on since the last time I posted. Just work and home mostly and I don't post much about work except in the most general sense, because you just never know what can get around. Many an idiot has been fired for posting stuff on line that any intelligent person should know not to do, then they are crying the blues when they get fired. I remember one particular incident from a woman last year who posted slightly risque photos of herself in her flight attendant uniform online and then got canned. Well what did she expect to happen? Duh!

Daniel's finger is still broke, but they put a cast almost up to his elbow -- for a broken finger! Hopefully it will teach him to be more careful next time but I am not betting the farm on it. He's been living it up at Suzanne's since Saturday. She took him camping and they are going to Dollywood today. Yep, I think he's being treated real good. I'm glad he is having fun. He said he misses me but he didn't miss home. I just hope I don't have to hog tie him to get him in the car for the return trip.

Lea Anna freaked Gary out a bit yesterday. Out of the blue she drew a picture for Grandpa who "lives in the graveyard". He asked her if Grandpa talks to her. "No". (Big sigh of relief) His four year old grand-niece sometimes has conversations with Grandpa and has described him in detail to her mother, even though he passed away before she was born.

All yesterday evening I kept hearing the annoying doo-doo-DOO-doo alarm of the "News Channel 5 storm watch". Apparently there was some nasty stuff heading our way, but it was down to a trickle before it reached us. Thank goodness. I'm not a native. Earthquakes and riots I can deal with, but I just don't do tornados.

Here's a new word for the day:
MALEDICTAPHOBIA: The fear of bad words (yes this is a real phobia!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

How About Ergophobia? It means you have a morbid fear of work.

Thu Jun 08, 06:51:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ergophobia - That's one I haven't heard. I'll have to try it on my boss when the opportunity arises.

Fri Jun 09, 04:15:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! ..... HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Go Lea Anna! The WEIRDNESS will GET YOU!!!

*Drawing dead people's not SO bad...*
------------
MOM SAID: "Lea Anna freaked Gary out a bit yesterday. Out of the blue she drew a picture for Grandpa who "lives in the graveyard". He asked her if Grandpa talks to her. "No". (Big sigh of relief) His four year old grand-niece sometimes has conversations with Grandpa and has described him in detail to her mother, even though he passed away before she was born."

Fri Jun 09, 10:56:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

...And when do I get to meet the four-year-old neice?

(mwuah ha ha ha ha!)

Fri Jun 09, 10:57:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

You met her - Jill. BTW, CALL YOUR MOTHER! BAD GIRL! BAD GIRL!

Sat Jun 10, 05:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

I can see why you might have a fear of tornadoes.

Lea Anna is scary-smart and quite funny. What is it about your kids, Lisa - they all are!!??!!

One more phobia to add to the list: bromidrosiphobia - the fear of body odor!

Sun Jun 11, 04:46:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

My kids are just eccentric. It does run through our family, doesn't it?

Sun Jun 11, 09:51:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah, I guess it does. But yours got a double dose. Fortunately, their eccentricities are manifested in good ways.

Sun Jun 11, 04:29:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home