Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, July 13, 2006

One of those days...or WEEKS

I've been a little frustrated at work for a number of reasons lately. It's still a pretty cool place to be, but some days...

There's this deadline for a Big Corporate Web Site that was, let's see...a week ago tomorrow. Ugh. Problem #1 is that I am the go-to person on several other projects besides this site. All of them were supposed to be done and out of the way so that I could focus on this big job. But like something out of Dawn of the Dead, they kept coming back to life with one more client request. And another, and still another.

When I could finally focus on the big project I had almost no time before it was due. And I ran into trouble. Let's just say I'm not thrilled with Microsoft at this point in time, and my problems with this site are still not resolved. I have a clue about it, but that's about it.

So toward the end of the day today, after trying one thing after another to make the design for the aforementioned Big Web Site work, I was no further ahead than when I began the day. Then I got this e-mail from a normally reserved client that made my day:

Teresa,

I just finished creating this page on the website. I think this is the first time since November that I've created a whole page by myself!

When I finished, I did a little dance around my office and discovered that creating web pages makes me feel really cool.

And since you taught me how, that means you're really cool.

Thanks for all your help!

Lori


I'm having a margarita as I write. Dinner is cooking. Kelly and Cherie are coming to hang out soon. Saturday Amanda and I will hang and work a little and maybe play a little, too. I'll tangle with the Big Corporate Web Site en la maƱana. Tonight life feels good : )

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Well of course your cool, you are related to Moi ;)

Sat Jul 15, 04:37:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Listen, missy...if coolness does in fact come from being related, and I was born first, doesn't that mean I was cool before you were ever born???!!!???

; )
Love ya!

Sat Jul 15, 05:26:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home