Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

presentation of DOOM!!!!!

Just last friday I finished my high school diploma course at job corp. I kind of regret it because now I have nothing to do until december when I start my trade. I didnt want to finish early because if I did finish they'd kick me off the computer and sit me in a corner all day doing nothing but reading lame books and staring at the ceiling. The last project I had to do was a oral presentation and I stalled that for as long as I could (about 3 weeks) before they made me do it by bringing along my career manager and the principal (CURSE THEM!) My presentation was on my buisiness plan which was for a convinience store called KB convinience. The project was really boring so I made it interesting by adding a bunch of comunist references to make it funny. First thing I did was change the name to KGB convinience (KGB was the russian equivalent of the CIA) and add a red star logo. I added a bunch of communist-ish products such as:

4x6.5 ft V.I. Lenin towels
GiM brand paper towels
Stalin brand milk (because of his hardcore milk mustache)
gorbaCHEX cereal
Galug energy bars
and tetris.

And our catch phrase was "KGB...because starbucks is crowded (and capitalist.) When I gave the presentation I omitted all the communist themes except for the logo and the name and, (unintentionally) the catchphrase. However my career manager noticed the catch phrase and made the connections and realized my store was part of an attempt to covertly make america a commie country and (because she has no sense of humor whatsoever) didnt really like it. I passed anyways and now most of the time I'm in my class is spent staring at the wall instead of watching movies on the net (except on rare occasions like this one.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Curse them humorless teachers. Good thing they don't know Great Grandma was at one time a member of the commie party or they'd really take you seriously.

Wed Nov 08, 04:14:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Was it Grandma? I thought it was just Aunt Frances.

Thu Nov 09, 04:58:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Best convenient store EVER!

I wan Lenin Towels!!!

Thu Nov 09, 09:16:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I thought it was Aunt Frances too for the longest, but Unccle Jim told me that they all were talking about joining, but Grandma was the only one that actually did. I still trip out when ever I think of it (and rding across country in a freight car)- GRANDMA of all people.

Thu Nov 09, 03:18:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Well, then I think Aunt Frances must have joined when Jim wasn't looking.

I remember visiting her house - I think I was pregnant with David at the time, and Uncle Tom was in town - and being shocked to find current issues of the Communist party newspaper on a side table in her living room.

For you young'ns - we were still in the midst of the Cold War then, and the Soviet Union and Communism were perceived as serious threats to our country.

Thu Nov 09, 04:17:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, that was as shocking to hear about Aunt frances too. You could understand people believing in communism back in the depression - so many poeple were dirt poor and had little to look forward to so it probably seemed like a good idea then. In modern times though, you'd think people would know better - but obviously not.

I still think Adrian's idea was funny, even if it's a place I wouldn't support if it was a real life situation.

Fri Nov 10, 03:38:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh, heck yeah that presentation was funny. Very imaginative and intelligent. Robin Williams used to do some hilarious routines that incorporated Communist themes.

It's easy to laugh about Communism now because Communists aren't the huge, evil threat they once were. Most people realize that, while Communism is a theory that appeals to the downtrodden, it is a "solution" that never works in practice.

Fri Nov 10, 06:32:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home