Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Merry Happy Fiestamas

I'm hoping to see as many of you as possible as we usher in 2007. I know the Goodlettsville Gang is trying to sort out transportation issues (anyone got a ride that'll accommodate six, plus gear?) - sure hope we can get y'all down here. Wouldn't be as fun without you. Anyway...

We were at a Mexican restaurant chowing down on some decent fajitas a couple of weekends ago, but Brian and Michelle said they weren't nearly as good as his. Since I've perfected my margarita recipe it's been hard for me to get a margarita at a restaurant that I'm satisfied with, but the margarita I had with my fajitas was better than most restaurant renditions. Brian said "Yours are better" (thank you, B!). I said we ought to get together and make his fantastic fajitas and my fabulous margaritas and then he asked if I knew how to make good beans. "Suzanne makes some awesome refried beans!" It was then that the idea for a Merry Happy Fiestamas for our New Year's Day feast was born. How does that sound? Lisa, how about some of your chicken tortilla soup to accompany it all?

Clarification on the "Chinese" Gift Exchange:
Only bring one gift per person participating.
It should be something new or something handmade or homemade.
It should be worth around $15.

Various ages will be participating so anyone could wind up with anything. I have a feeling it will all sort itself out in a fun way, but I suppose there is that chance Daniel could wind up with a kitchen gadget and I could be the recipent of some cool Hot Wheels. In those situations, someone else usually wants what you have and will "steal" from you, enabling you to get something you'd like better. That is, unless it's something odd or undesirable that no one else wants to steal. Like the pink pig cookie jar Brian wound up with at my company Christmas party. Ah, well...I thought it was cute.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

The Goodlettsville Gang has been upgraded from a "maybe" to a "probably, almost for sure". I'll know more in a couple of days.

Wed Dec 13, 09:06:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

YEAH!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a "for sure." Like, totally ; )

Wed Dec 13, 09:38:00 AM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

better be fo sho.

Fri Dec 15, 06:22:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Here's what it boils down to - we still have an itty bitty car. If Jazz is willing to cram between Daniel and Lea Anna's car seats (and I do mean cram) for the ride we'll come. With fire works of course. Adrian's plane leaves for LA late Tuesday morning so we'll have to leave super early the 2nd but it's not like Daniel will let anyone sleep in anyway so that part is only a minor inconvenience.

Jazz - please answer your e-mail, enquiring minds want to know!

Sat Dec 16, 04:45:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I IS HERE!!! Sorry I haven't been able to answer... Net access is limited and I can't log on because of the stupid upgrade!!!

But, mom says we ARE going to the Fiestamas, but we'll have to leave RIDICULOUSLY EARLY in the morning of the 1st because I have to be in LA to start college on the 2nd.

At least I'll get to see everybody!!!

-Love,
Jazzy!!!!!

Tue Dec 19, 04:58:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Well, Jazzmin, I'm glad you'll be visiting but we're gonna do the Mexican stuff on New Year's Day : (

We will, however, be partying and munching on New Year's Eve, I'm quite sure : )

As far as the "stupid" upgrade goes - the blog is working a lot better now. Quit whining and sign up for your Google account and you'll be good to go - it'll only take a minute.

I think you owe us a post about college, missy. Where you going? Tell me! Tell me!

Tue Dec 19, 05:49:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home