Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Survived the Road Trip!

We made it back to Tennessee without leaving the kids at the road side all though we were close to it a few times. You know what they say though, what does not kill us will make us stronger. After seven days on the road with those little stinkers I ought to be one tough broad by now.
Seriously though, we had a blast. We started out early Saturday morning and drove to Palm coast, FL and stayed the night with our nephew and his Family. My sister in law was visiting too so that worked out real well. Palm Coast is gorgeous and I was drooling over many of the houses there. I miss the old stucco homes with the Spanish tile roofs. We then drove down to Lutz (some where outside of Tampa) and spent the week visiting Gary's daughter and some of his old high school buddies. We also went to the beach and collected a ton of sea shells. Nothing screams tourist like as set of pasty white legs! I had my first Cuban Sandwich too. I am hooked. We then drove to Douglasville on the way back and in spite of the rush hour traffic and beingthisclose to getting lost on the detour we did manage to make it to Teresa's house for a visit and ended up staying the night. (Thank you again Sis - VERY much). By the way, Gary the former greyhound hater loves Grayson. He was using Lea Anna tactics to get Gary to pet him. I miss everyone already, but I am glad to be off the road.
I broke one camera on the road, bought a broken one (scroo yoo WalMart), and got my exposed film mixed with my unexposed film but when I get it all sorted out I'm hoping to have some pics to post.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Yay for being home and not on the road! Thanks for making up the beds, BTW. I try to wash the bedding every time I have company so that it's always ready for next time, but I was too lazy and busy today...and they looked nice so I didn't really care ; )

Mama needs a digital camera. Give me Gary's e-mail address...I'll start working on him now and maybe by your birthday he will have gotten the hint.

Everybody loves Grayson. He's a big mooch. Sara is more reserved and more skittish...you have to take your time with her. When she's comfortable with someone she's as big an attention hog as Grayson. Worse, actually. But I'm glad Gary has had to rethink Greyhounds : )

Sat Mar 24, 08:23:00 PM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Sara's my favorite, cuz she gives kisses!

Mon Mar 26, 02:27:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

Sara loves her some Mandy : )

Thu Mar 29, 03:02:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thu Mar 29, 11:07:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I would have liked to meet Gary's High School buddies...especially if they're half as interesting as he is.

I'm gonna throw the idea to Adrian about getting together and giving Mom a DigiCam for her
B-Day... I've been thinkin' about that for awhile.

Thu Mar 29, 11:15:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

I liked Gary's friends and they all seemed normal, but I have heard enough stories about them. I strongly suspect they are warped and just putting on an act for me.

Thu Mar 29, 07:08:00 PM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

hey, while we're giving digi-cams away, put me on the list. my cell just doesn't take very good pictures.

Fri Mar 30, 09:38:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

Well, they're not high res but your camera - and you - do take good pictures. Here's proof.

Auntie Lisa still has a film camera. So by the time she posts anything here she's had to finish off the roll, get it developed and have the images digitized. That's almost like living in the dark ages!

Fri Mar 30, 11:44:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

I've been stalling for forever because I still love 35mm cameras(when they freaking work) but I do want a digital camera too. I'm trying to like the cheap $ 50 and under ones since after all I'd probably only use it to post web photos so I don't need any fancy features, but still the ones I really, really love are in the $200 - $250 range (but they have OPTICAL zoom and lots of cool features and you never know I may actually use them someday).

Fri Mar 30, 03:31:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

Do not waste your money on one that's too cheap. They take crappy pictures you won't be happy with. What you have now may involve extra steps and expense, but the end result still gets you decent pictures.

$200 is not all that expensive when it comes to a digital camera. That's probably the ballpark you should look in, actually. Don't just compare prices or feature lists - read reviews and listen to what other people are saying about that model.

The opinions of the guinea pigs who have tried out the product before you might not always be 100% representative, but for me they are an invaluable part of making a decision about spending hard-earned cash.

Sat Mar 31, 05:20:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home