Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On the Move

In about a month or two, Steve and I will be moving to North Carolina, where a fabulous job at a company called Weinig awaits. We've contacted a buyers' agent, and hopefully they will help us find the home of our dreams, with a two car garage, gas stove, garden bathtubs, and a fenced in yard for the puppies. Steve's a little stressed over the change, but I am excited enough for the both of us. I hate living in apartments, and can't wait.
I will be closer to my sister-in-law who is getting very pregnant, and I know when my brother-in-law leaves for Iraq she'll need help with my nephew, who is starting his terrible two's. I thought I would be a little closer to Suzanne, but it turns out to be three minutes farther away (Charlotte to Knoxville, vs. Atlanta to Knoxville on Google Maps) so that sucks. Small price to pay to move into my own house though.
Well, almost midnight, guess I should get some rest. If anyone wants to help with packing or moving, you know how to contact me :)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I am so happy for you. It sucks that you are further away from us, but it's for a good cause. A good job and a house - YAY! Don't forget the basement. Basements are good things.

Thu Apr 26, 03:23:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

My friend, Bridgette lived in NC for a few months...

She said it was gay and filled with red-necks...

BUT I HOPE YOU AND STEVE HAVE A BETTER EXPERIENCE!!! ^_^

Luv,
Jazzy

Fri Apr 27, 08:44:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:O Three MINUTES!?!? Oh whatever shall ye do??

Fri Apr 27, 08:59:00 AM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Considering that Atlanta is the gay capitol of the South, I think NC will be considerably less gay. As far as the red-neck thing, I only ever had the misfortune of meeting one idiot KKK member (on accident, of course) and it was in CALI. Strange but true. Rednecks can be anywhere.
POKEMON DIAMOND FOR NINTENDO DS ROCKS!

Fri Apr 27, 03:11:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes Mandy, there are rednecks and KKK in Southern California but I thought we kept them well hidden in the dessert. Your encounter must have been an escapee.

Fri Apr 27, 05:48:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

The city of Atlanta covers a little over 132 square miles. The state of North Carolina covers 53,865 square miles. The state of California covers 158,302 square miles. Even the smallest of these entities is diverse enough in its economies, populations, lifestyles, terrains and aesthetics that making blanket generalizations about the entire area based on experience with just a small sliver will result in a perception that doesn't quite jive with the reality.

If Amanda and Steve moved into an area that for whatever reason didn't suit them it's highly likely they could go down the road just a few miles and find what they considered perfect.

My preference, however, would be that Amanda not move to NC if Steve could get the job he wants here. If it was up to me I wouldn't even let her live as far away from me as Kennesaw : ( But the job offer here probably wouldn't have been the best for them and that's really what I want. Even if it kills me (just a little bit of maternal guilt-trip there, Mand).

Sat Apr 28, 06:22:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah Sis, I know it's a broad generalization but I've just never heard anyone on California admit to having rednecks in the state. I know they are there - I've seen them.

Speaking of California demographics, Ben Lomond was a trip. The little town was (and probably still is) absolutely beautiful. You can't describe it, you just got to go there. What I found amusing was the mix of people. They had the average family with the 2.1 kids, the wealthy, the bikers, and a few stragglers from the hippy generation who had bought housing when it was still affordable there. I heard there was still a commune there up the mountain but I never had cause to drive up and see if it was true or not.

Sat Apr 28, 03:47:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

I don't remember Ben Lomond...sounds like my kind of town ; )

Sat Apr 28, 06:33:00 PM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

stinkin hippies

Mon Apr 30, 07:06:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home