Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, April 06, 2007

"P" is for "Pffffft"

I didn't get the customer service position I applied for - but neither did anyone else either. I was told Monday that they decided to put the job opening on hold. Hey, that's their prerogative but I just wish they decided before my two interviews because I loathe job interviews. Even ones within my company are just as in depth and grueling as any other place I've experienced. The upside is that I am still in an awesome place, which is why I hesitated for so long before attempting to venture elsewhere. Ideally I would never change bosses or coworkers - we'd just all move together to a new department every year or two just to keep things interesting. Or I'd hit the lottery so I wouldn't have to roll out of bed until one of the kids got hungry. I could always come back and visit when I missed them. On second thought, I'll skip the lottery idea. I spent two dollars on tickets this year and got two dollars of fun out of it. Anything else would not be fun 'cause it'd just be more be money down the drain.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Well..."on hold" leaves open the possibility that things may change.

Now that you know the process maybe it won't be such an ordeal next time. Anyway, interviews when you already have a job aren't as bad as when you really, really need them to like you and want to give you money.

I admire you for putting yourself out there in the first place.

Fri Apr 06, 06:29:00 AM 2007  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

I totally agree with you on the lottery. I bought maybe 3 tickets in the last year.

Sun Apr 08, 09:05:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dave said...

at least they briefly entertained the idea of allowing you to move around within the company. the army has pretty much told me if i don't like my job i can just deal with it until my contract runs its course, call a recruiter and go through the whole enlistment process all over again... much headache! hollatchaboi

Mon Apr 09, 08:06:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Applying for a job is such a pain in the ass... I don't mind doing the interview, but the process of trying to get it always annoys me, especially when they say, "We'll call you" 'cause they usually DON'T.

I've decided to go behind Job Corps back and apply for a weekend one at the Wherehouse in Torrance.

They almost hired me once (they wanted me to work x-mas vacation and I said no, so I could visit ma), so maybe I can get it again!

Mon Apr 09, 08:41:00 AM 2007  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I hate interviewing too. The worst thing is that no matter how nervous you are, you have to act like you're not. It sucks.

Mon Apr 09, 10:10:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home