Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, June 19, 2009

These obstacles are our lives.




I don't think I could completely cover on this blog the family goings on over the last several months if I tried. It would make me crazy. It feels like there has been one largely negative happening after another for some time. Each time I think that's gotta be it for a while something else happens. Having Brian here with me, and saying a lot of the same "I can't believe this is happening" "Oh no he didn't" or "What the hell is she thinking?" helps.

I'd have to think hard to come up with one of you I don't worry about. Some of you I seriously worry about. Whether I think you made a crappy choice or if you're in a position it's hard to get up from or even if you just plain don't take care of yourself. All to greater or lesser degrees, probably in proportion to the likelihood you can extricate yourself from your predicament. I've got this combination of worry and waiting...waiting for negative stuff to stop happening. It's making me tired.

So, will you do me a favor? Share what good is going on in your life. How come the next year is going to be good, or not so bad, for you?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

We worry when we don't have control over a situation or when we've done all we can and the problem persists. But worry is God's job. Our's is to take it one day at a time. We will all be fine, we are all in the hands of God. I pray for evryone and all our situations. We are not immune from hard times but faith will see us through.

Sun Jun 21, 06:33:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

Inspite of everything going on, this year is going to be a good one. I have only two obstacles to it being a great one - worrying about my kids (quit rolling your eyes Jazzmin & Adrian, I'm a Mother - that's what we do best) and chiggers. I pray for the former, and for the later - I'm about to go freaking nuclear on my yard.
Other than fighting chiggers and my ongoing quest to grow a pumpkin the size of a Buick I got family, a roof over my head and food in the cupboard. Life is indeed good.

Tue Jun 23, 05:13:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Jonna said...

Amen.

Fri Jun 26, 06:30:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Teresa said...

Prayer alone is not enough. God expects you to handle your situation, not just hope that he'll handle it. Think about the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30.

Adrian & Hector - 2 smart guys - have devoted a huge chunk of their lives to WoW. I'm pretty sure this is not helping with their education or employment.

Jazzy is not in school right now and is just scraping by financially.

Dad has Alzheimer's and is getting more difficult to care for. Jonna shouldn't be doing it on her own yet big changes will be required to get some family support.

Not a single person in the house can fully financially support themselves.

I'm not there, so it's quite possible that everyone I mentioned has a plan they just haven't shared. But from what I can see it looks like no one is thinking of the kids living in Dad's house, or at least thinking through repercussions of the decisions that would affect the kids.

Well, I take that back, sort of. Jazzy just figures she'll "file for homeless" rather than move to TN. She doesn't understand that it's not that simple. NONE of the kids are ready for adult life & responsibilities, yet if I hear anyone talking about them they just gloss over the circumstances.

And let's not forget Ms. Caitlin and Cayden in TN.

I worry because it seems no one else worries enough. Realistically all I can do to help these situations is to make suggestions. The rest is up to you who are more directly involved. Please show me I had no cause to worry about you, and do it soon - please.

Fri Jun 26, 08:06:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

I do worry about them. Everybody else too - almost constantly. Yet at the same time I feel that if we work together it will all be resolved in due time. It will suck for a while, but as long as you/we/they do not give up it will eventually get better.

Fri Jun 26, 03:52:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

PS - I totally agree with you about the boys and WoW.

Fri Jun 26, 03:54:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Jonna said...

What I meant was that you cannot fix someone else's problems. Prayer does work.And don't worry I wouldn't leave them to file homeless.There are alot of options out there. Right now I have my oldest son to worry about, he is going through a difficult time. I would never move and leave him unstable,suffering.

Sat Jun 27, 01:56:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home