Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Jazz Train is Back in Town! w00t! w00t!

So yeah, I started my Fall semester at El Camino. Yay!

I am taking full course-load that includes Pre-Algebra (which is lame, but I have a hard time when it comes to reg. Algebra, so I figured taking a step back would help. I hope it works. 0_0), German, Film/Video Production and Clothing Construction. (I also added a couple PE classes, so I'd be able to work out...which I miss doing.)

So far, I've had a good first week.^_^ The only thing that bugs me are my Math and Clothing Construction classes because I am advanced in both, and I can't stand waiting until we get to the more challenging stuff. Like, in CC, for example, the first thing we make is a needle book...which is HAND SEWN and hate hand sewing. >_< THEN we make kiddie PJ pants, which is lame, 'cause I already know how to do that too. :-/ *sigh*

BUT, NE-WAYZ...

The COOL thing about CC class is that it's practically MANDATORY for me to go to JoAnns. YAY! X-D Next Tuesday, we have a mandatory class field trip there, so the teacher can help us (and by us, I mean the n00bie, inexperienced sewers >_>) get supplies. I, being the good student that I am, went earlier today and got some supplies. (I already owned a vast majority of what was on the list, so I didn't need to get much.) All I need are fabric markers (the kind for marking patterns), proper sewing shears, and some other odds and ends that I can get at the $1 store. SPEAKING OF SEWING SCISSORS, I just ordered some Ginghers from JoAnn.com. ^_^ I remember Mom had a really nice pair that I kept sneaking and using when I was in middle school...and I'm sure she blames the dullness of the blades on me. 0_0 (Although, if she hasn't gotten them resharpened by now, it's no longer fault. Just saying, Mom.)

I will go back tomorrow to get a couple more things on my supply list, as I have a coupon that I could not use today. ("Savings effective 9/05/2009 >_<)

ALSO! My new job as a Laser Tag Party Host is treating me very well. It's a lot of fun and I meet a lot of nice people and families. What's even cooler is that I'm allowed to play my music during the laser tag games (which awesome, since the music they had before mine was LAME and not good, laser fighting music at all. >_>) AND the synthetic hair in my braids is UV reactive, so they glow UBER BRIGHT under the strobes and black lights. (It was not intentional, but is still cool and the customers get a kick out of it. :-D)

Adrian has moved in with Ryan. It bugged me at first, 'cause I got attached to him being here, but at the same time, he needed to make a change in his life. I hope that Ryan can (physically 8-|) push him into doing more with his life than working minimum wage to support his WoW habit.

In the mean time, I am working (somewhat) toward saving for my own place. My friend just landed a new job, so we're gonna save up to move into a little studio together...at some point in the future, anyway. I JUST finished getting all of my books for school, so I can OFFICIALLY start saving money.

Sooooo.... That's all for now. I gotta go to bed, 'cause I have a class tomorrow morning (which is WHACK, 'cause it's Friday, but whatever).

I promise to update more now that I'm actually DOING something nowadays. 0_0

Later!!!




PS: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS SOME JOANN GIFT CARDS, BUT SENT TO ME B4 THE END OF OCTOBER, SO I CAN TAE ADVANTAGE OF THE HALLOWEEN SALE BECAUSE THEY SERIOUSLY HAVE SOME AWESOME FABRICS THIS FALL! OMG, THEY'RE SO AWESOME! I GOTTA POST PICS OF THE MUMMY FABRIC I BOUGHT!!! X-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Jazzy

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

No time right now for anything but this:

I love my Jazzy niece : D

Fri Sep 04, 07:08:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jazzy - I Miss you!!!!!!!!! Yes you did dull the blades (not nearly as bad as Daniel sneaking them to cut paper), but being as you are a MUCH better seamstress than I, it was well worth it. Just think - if you have children, you'll be the third generation to scream "WHO TOOK MY GOOD SCISSORS?"

PS - Momma is super proud of you :)

Sat Sep 05, 09:38:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I already tell anybody in the house who asks me for a pair of scissors, "Use the black ones! The other ones are my sewing scissors and you'll dull the blade!" (...especially Chela. 0_0)

Tue Sep 08, 01:24:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home