Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm in the 310 area code now!

If you have broadband Internet you can get phone service with a lot of features for way less than you are paying for a land line. It's called VOIP and it works with regular phones so you don't have to have a bunch of weird equipment. SunRocket is one provider, and I just signed up for service with them. Everything is included (yes, it works with E911) for $24.95/mo - they don't add taxes or surcharges to that amount - and you can call anywhere in the U.S. and Canada without paying extra. If you sign up for a year it's even cheaper but you have to pay up front.

One cool feature is that you can get an extra phone number for free, and it doesn't have to be in your area code. So in addition to a Douglasville number, I now have a Redondo Beach number and y'all out there on my beloved "Left Coast" can call for free! I just signed up and don't even have the phones yet (they're giving them away free when you sign up, BTW), but will let y'all know when I do.

I'll let you know when we're all hooked up how it is. But if you're brave (and cheap!) like me and don't want to wait to try it (they do have a 30-day money back guarantee, BTW), use the link below. You'll get the free phone deal and they'll give me some reward points for referring you. Enough of those and I can get a $5 Amazon gift certificate. Woo-hoo!

http://tinyurl.com/7oeve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home