Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Upcoming Holidaze

Okay, I know we haven't even got through Halloween yet, but does anyone have Thanksgiving or Christmas plans yet? Jazzmin and Adrian are going to be here with me again in TN. Yay! I haven't made up my mind on anything definite. You all are welcome up here for either.

Lea Anna helped me paint ginger bread men ornaments tonight. I have to start ahead of time this year since my little princess yanked all but the top two feet of ornaments off the tree last year and many got lost. I can't tell which of her paint splooshes is which body feature but the joy on her face is well worth it. Besides, they have a lot more character than the store bought ones.

Gary took Daniel with him today to Sam Ash Music and let him try out a drum set and several other demo instruments. They had fun and Daniel was so excited and yammering on and on about the drums that Gary's thinking of getting him a small drum set. AGGGGGGGH! My comment was "Can we keep them in the basement?!" They would be perfect gift for Daniel since he has the perfect gung ho attitude and a pure unadulterated love of banging on things to someday become a great drummer, but they are so LOUD.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Heck yeah!

It might be problematic for me to travel now that I no longer have a built-in doggie babysitter or $$ for a kennel, but as I told Adrian when he e-mailed me earlier "That's an AWESOME idea!" And BTW, I don't think it's too early to start planning for Christmas. The freakin' retailers have had their Christmas stuff out since like, the fourth of July, and WE'RE talking about cross-country travel and time off and cleaning house and stuff here. No need to justify starting early, IMO.

So, not to steal yours & Adrian's thunder, but if y'all wanted to gather here at Christmas I would love it and there would be room for everyone to not be too squished. Plus, even though I'm 4 hours from you & Suzanne, if we're talking about the kids flying in it's usually cheaper to come in to Atlanta - enough that it might be worth the drive.

The downside would be that I still have no idea what I'm gonna do for furniture and, while I'm working on it, there's a possibility you'd have to bring sleeping bags or air mattresses : O

I have three full baths. I have two spare bedrooms. Big yard. Haven't gotten rid of the swing set yet. The neighborhood has a playground and pavillion by the lake (which is really more of a pond, but it's nice) that also has a half-court for basketball, though you may or may not have the weather to be able to enjoy them in December. The old living room furniture went downstairs into the basement media room, so that could be a sleeping/hanging out area. And, Lea Anna, I have a separate room to put the doggies in time out if they need it.

Let me know if y'all are interested in hanging out here for Christmas or around Christmas.

BTW, on the drums - they make electronic sets that sound as loud as the real thing but that also have headphone jacks so no one but the drummer has to put up with the racket. Not sure if there's one that's both affordable and durable enough for Daniel, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sun Oct 16, 06:43:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Christmas at your house sounds just as good. I've been wanting to see your new house anyway. The downside to us renting an older is the fact that it only has one bathroom. The downside is that Gary will miss Christmas with his family so I'm not sure what his input will be. Anyway, I'll talk to him about this tonight. We'll work it out one way or another.
I like the electronic drums too since they have volume control but you are right, them things are high dollar items.

Sun Oct 16, 10:26:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, durability and cost are a major factor. You won't get much of anything that will hold up to the average 6 yr old boy's abuse, but a good quality electronic drum sets will last as long as you don't do something stupid like fling them around the room or play with them outside in a thunderstorm. But we're talking $ 1,500 on up, I doubt your father paid that much for his. I don't think spending that much money on a six year old's Christmas present will make little Daniel the next John Bonham. (For all you deprived youngsters, he was the drummer of Led Zepplin and probably the all time greatest drummer on earth. Tommy Lee can't hold a candle to him.) Anyway, Gary has already talked me into it so we'll probably just get a cheap half size set and I'll fix up the basement as a drum room so the noise will be tolerable. It will also keep Lea Anna from coloring on them.
Anyway, if we can't make it up Christmas day we'll be sure to get down there sometime over the holidays.

Sun Oct 16, 02:32:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home