Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The good, the bad, and the just plain psychotic.

Quite a few things have happened since I last wrote/typed. Aside from a few shootings, a few high speed pursuits and a rising homicide rate, some of the most important news has centered around my wonderfully crappy school Crenshaw . Well, okay its not really important but constant events have given the school at least 12 seconds of coverage by the local news . First off, race fights have broken out again at our school a couple weeks ago. Also students and teachers organized a protest against our losing accreditation. The flyers announcing it about a week prior to the event promised "to unite students towards sweeping changes among the school and force the district to give us our accreditation back!" This flyer was also complicated with pictures of WWII marines hoisting the flag at Iwo Jima. I have no clue what it had to do with the event but the designer clearly thought it had some important significance. The rally was actually quite pathetic, consisting of some 15 students and teachers holding signs but apparently absolutely nothing was going on in California that day so some press came down and covered it. They did have a guest speaker but she kept rambling on about why we needed accreditation and talked for 10 minutes repeating the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It was so boring that some parents, some of the press and even some teachers left before she finished. Many students who wanted to go home took advantage of it and used it as an excuse to stage a walk out, though if you lived here you would know that a walk out is really a 'leave school and sprint to your friends house as fast as you can and waste the whole day claiming its for a cause'-out. Another thing that's going on with the school is the higher ups have gone ax crazy and have been killing classes left and right. First class they've cut was my African American history class and a couple weeks ago I changed my composition class and they just killed that off Friday. A geometry class was axed so my geometry class just received about 12 new students and one of the drama classes were cut as well as film making.

I had a couple more encounters with some L.A. psychos recently the first happened on, yes you guessed it-- the METRO! A short white haired man sat next to me and noticed my watch. (My watch is a luminox watch and a model commonly used by SEALS- even has the Navy emblem on it which is what I guess caught his attention.) He then asked if I was interested in the military and I told him I was. He then responded "I was in the Air Force, and I fought in Stalingrad." I'm sure the local militia know but for the ones who don't, Stalingrad was a Russian city named after Joseph Stalin and was the site of one of the turning points in the war in the European theater during WW2. At the end of the battle the city was pretty much rubble. I simply responded "Really?" and after that he started talking about his battles with the ruskies and how aliens helped him win the final battle and then abducted him! The next psycho encounter occurred on the street on my way home from the gym. I was walking by a homeless guy and he stepped in front of me and shoved this muddy, rotten, half eaten steak inches from my face- the thing had flies buzzing all over it, and he said " Here, here take a bite its good!" Naturally I walked around him and got away as fast as I could, trying to hold that sandwich I had for lunch in.

Some really great news came recently for theme park lovers, six flags magic mountain has announced that it plans to create up to 12 more rides, 3 of which will be rollercoasters by 2010 and has opened an aquarium in northern California. That's great news but being to damn far away to ride the metro there, I'll just have to hope that universal studios Hollywood decides to open up some half-decent rides soon. That rouge gator is still on the loose and a lot of the trappers have given up hunting it which is very good because I've yet to get that gator schwag I've been thinking about.

Hey mom! Riding on the metro-o-o-o!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

A protest? That is the best they can come up with to get their accreditation back?!!! No freaking wonder the school is so crappy! How about doing something to raise the academics. Maybe the Airforce Stalingrad dude and his alien friends arranged it.

Thu Oct 13, 03:56:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Cheese and rice, Adrian! I don't see how you put up with all that. The school stuff is just crap. I guess the L.A. psycho encounters are, well, L.A. Kinda fun as long as you're not in danger of bodily harm. Course I guess ya don't always know that. But God, I can't believe you're still at Crenshaw. What's the deal? Is rent so good there your dad won't move to a better area? Can't you get some sort of exemption to go to a different school since yours sucks and you're one of probably five motivated people in the whole school? Even if you're out of options I really admire you sticking to it. I guess if nothing else it'll all make a good book/movie/TV show someday : /

Thu Oct 13, 05:52:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home